Author Topic: Liberal group files lawsuit in Colorado to keep Trump off the GOP primary ballot and 'any future ele  (Read 301 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Liberal group files lawsuit in Colorado to keep Trump off the GOP primary ballot and 'any future election ballot'

A liberal activist group based in Washington, D.C., that claims to want to "shore up our democracy against attacks" is working to keep President Joe Biden's top rival off the ballot in Colorado for the 2024 election.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a group that has been called a "lapdog to left-leaning politicians" and has sought to hamstring former President Donald Trump since 2016, filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Denver District Court on behalf of six purported Republican and unaffiliated Colorado voters. The suit demands that Trump be removed from the GOP primary ballot and "any future election ballot" for supposedly having "disqualified himself from public office by violating Section 3 of the 14th Amendment."

CREW alleged in a statement that Trump, now leading Biden in CNN's latest general election poll, violated his oath to preserve and defend the Constitution "by recruiting, inciting and encouraging a violent mob that attacked the Capitol on January 6, 2021 in a futile attempt to remain in office...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-group-files-lawsuit-in-colorado-to-keep-trump-off-the-gop-primary-ballot-and-any-future-election-ballot
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump has been convicted of nothing.

To deny him the same Rights any other American has because they don't like him is a violation of his 14th Amendment Rights.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"We iz da wurld......

We iz da peep-pulls....

C'mon,sang hit wid me,comrades!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!