Author Topic: NYC Approves ‘Mega Migrant Housing’ Project in Abandoned Long Island Office Building  (Read 250 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Approves ‘Mega Migrant Housing’ Project in Abandoned Long Island Office Building

by WARNER TODD HUSTON 7 Sep 2023

Mayor Eric Adams (D-NYC) and the New York City Council announced a massive new project to house 1,000 border crossers inside an empty five-story office building on Long Island.

The building on Austell Place, close to a train yard near Queens, has been designated a “humanitarian response and relief center” and is the city’s 16th large-scale migrant housing center, according to Crain’s New York.

The interiors of the top four floors of the five-story building will be rebuilt for housing, while the bottom floor will be designated as a community gathering spot, sources say.

City Hall NYC. City officials announce a new mega migrant housing in Long Island City, NY

https://www.alipac.us/f12/nyc-approves-%91mega-migrant-housing%92-project-abandoned-long-island-office-building-412686/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum