Author Topic: 2024 Presidential Candidates’ Top Song Choices Tell Us Everything We Need To Know  (Read 318 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
POTUS Candidate Playlists Tell Us Everything We Need To Know
Hans Fiene

Every now and then, a writer will attempt to grab stupidity by the tail but succeed in grabbing brilliance by the horns. Screenwriters Chris Mattheson and Ed Solomon did this with “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” in 1989. I did this while explaining the Trump phenomenon through the lens of professional wrestling in 2018. Recently Politico Magazine did this in a piece attempting to compile the top 20 songs of the various individuals running for president.

In a fluffy kind of way, this kind of piece is nice. It’s delightful to catch a waft of humanity from people whose personalities all seem to have been sandblasted away and repainted with the generic brush by public relations consultants years ago. It’s also nice to discover that people who have drastically different visions for our country can still share our musical tastes — a reminder that art can still trump ideology in the era of Trump.

I imagine that’s what Politico was aiming for in this piece. Instead, it gave us a clearer look into the minds of these POTUS-hopefuls than any pre-election exposé or post-election memoir could offer. While only a handful of the presidential candidates responded, those who did respond offered playlists that are a perfect crystallization of their respective weaknesses and strengths. Let’s look at some of their selections:

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/07/2024-presidential-candidates-top-song-choices-tell-us-everything-we-need-to-know/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

DeSantis - Morrissey?  How depressing.  That's no way to go through life.  Ron, things can get better ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
////00000////

DeSantis - Morrissey?  How depressing.  That's no way to go through life.  Ron, things can get better ...

I read the original post on Politico. Neither Trump nor DeSantis replied to the email asking for their Spotify playlist.
Hans Fiene writes satire similar to Babylon Bee. This was pretty funny. And I agree with you about Morrissey.  wink777
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 04:54:01 pm by deb »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline corbe

Liars Everywhere ~ Toad the Wet Sprocket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-bD9Ky_OY
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.