Author Topic: First day of school a test for preparedness of NYC schools’ influx of migrant children  (Read 234 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
First day of school a test for preparedness of NYC schools’ influx of migrant children
Nation Sep 7, 2023 1:09 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — Damien, age 5, was giddy with excitement as he left a Manhattan homeless shelter, sometimes running and skipping along the sidewalk accompanied by his wistful mother, a migrant from Ecuador.

“What I want for him is a future,” Kimberly Carchipulla said in Spanish of her son, one of nearly 800,000 New York City public school students who headed off to class Thursday for their first day of the new school year.

That is what school officials want, too, as the city’s classrooms work to accommodate nearly 20,000 migrant children newly arrived in the U.S. — a number that could swell as record numbers of families cross the border from Mexico in hopes of gaining asylum.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/first-day-of-school-a-test-for-preparedness-of-nyc-schools-influx-of-migrant-children
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is Biden hoping all these illegal kids will infect US kids with some kind of disease that will become an epidemic - real or otherwise to screw up the election?:pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
There is not only a language barrier between ILLEGALS and LEGAL children, but their way of life and regard for human life and school rules is going to be challenging.

Hopefully this will all be kept in NY but unfortunately this is going to seep into other cities and states.

Biden’s Released at Least 2,020,522 Southwest Border Migrants
And probably a lot more – plus 1.3 million known “got-aways”

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-Released-Least-2020522-Southwest-Border-Migrants
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.