Author Topic: Spartz says she’ll consider resigning from Congress  (Read 352 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Spartz says she’ll consider resigning from Congress
« on: October 02, 2023, 06:32:15 pm »
 Spartz says she’ll consider resigning from Congress
by Olafimihan Oshin - 10/02/23 1:26 PM ET

Rep. Victoria Spartz (R-Ind.) announced that she’ll consider resigning from her position if Congress does not create a debt commission by the end of this year.

“I’ve done many very difficult things being one woman standing many times with many very long hours and personal sacrifices, but there is a limitation to human capacity,” Spartz said in a Monday statement.

“If Congress does not pass a debt commission this year to move the needle on the crushing national debt and inflation, at least at the next debt ceiling increase at the end of 2024, I will not continue sacrificing my children for this circus with a complete absence of leadership, vision, and spine,” she added.  “I cannot save this Republic alone.”

Spartz is among the supporters of debt commission legislation introduced last week by Reps. Scott Peters (D-Calif.) Bill Huizenga (R-Mich.), who co-chair the Bipartisan Fiscal Forum (BFF).

Her threat to resign comes two days after Congress averted a government shutdown with the passing of a “clean” stopgap funding bill, which will keep the government funded until Nov. 17. Spartz was among 90 Republicans who voted against the measure.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4234161-spartz-says-shell-consider-resigning-from-congress/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Spartz says she’ll consider resigning from Congress
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 01:42:59 am »
In an interview with Indianapolis-based The CW affiliate WISH-TV, Spartz criticized the measure and said she was open to fellow Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-Fla.) push to oust House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)

“This deal has more money, actually more money than Nancy Pelosi gave to Biden, but doesn’t have a plan to deal with the country’s crushing debt,” Spartz told the affiliate. “[The debt] is a very important national security issue, but unfortunately Republicans didn’t have the backbone to put it forward.”

I respect the heck out of this woman.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Spartz says she’ll consider resigning from Congress
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 04:11:30 am »

Not only is our interest costs hockey sticking, we're getting close to 25% of our tax receipts going to interest. At the rate it's accelerating it will be 50% in under 5 years.

No country is going to let us fund our budget solely with debt and hold our paper assets. It's damn near game over and most likely past the critical point of no return.
The Republic is lost.