Author Topic: Trump: Fauci was not 'big player' in my administration, 'not allowed' to fire him  (Read 1070 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Fauci was not 'big player' in my administration, 'not allowed' to fire him
Former president also rips DeSantis' COVID response in interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt
By Andrew Mark Miller Fox News
Published September 6, 2023 4:38pm EDT

Former President Donald Trump said Wednesday that Dr. Anthony Fauci was not a "big player" in his administration and reiterated his position that he wasn’t "allowed" to fire the medical adviser.

"First of all, you’re not allowed," Trump told Hugh Hewitt’s radio show when asked by the conservative host why he didn’t fire Fauci, the controversial head of Trump's COVID-19 response team, which Hewitt called the "biggest knock" on Trump’s presidency.

"No, no, no, Dr. Fauci was there. First of all, he’s civil service, and you’re not allowed to fire him. But forget that because I don’t necessarily go by everything … but Dr. Fauci would tell me things, and I wouldn’t do them in many cases. But also, he wasn’t a big player in my administration. Dr. Fauci became a big player in the administration of Biden. He’s a very big player in Biden’s administration."

Trump has consistently criticized Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, his closest opponent in the 2024 GOP presidential primary, for his response to the coronavirus pandemic and did so again in the interview with Hewitt by previewing what he would say to DeSantis if questioned during a debate about not firing Fauci.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-fauci-was-not-a-big-player-in-my-administration-not-allowed-to-fire-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Trump: Fauci was not 'big player' in my administration, 'not allowed' to fire him

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online kevindavis007

If Reagan were able to fire the Air Traffic Controllers, Trump could have fired Fauci.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If Reagan were able to fire the Air Traffic Controllers, Trump could have fired Fauci.
You would think!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump's become a master of deception, and a perpetual liar.

Yeah, he might not have been able to be offically fired, but he could have been demoted into submission.  Fauxci could have been re-assigned to counting VD cases among Alaskan Eskimos......  Even as a Step 10 GS-15.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

Not allowed?  Sounds like something Biden would say.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 Trump and his lies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not allowed?  Sounds like something Biden would say.

I used to hear that you almost have to murder someone to get fired from a Federal Job.  But like I said a post earlier, nothing should have kept Tumpy from at least demoting him, or giving him a embarassing downgrade of assignment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The only reason Reagan was able to fire the Air traffic controllers was because they broke federal law by going as strike.  They were civil servants, and couldn't be fired absent cause.

Likewise, Fauci could not be fired from his civil service position with the National Institutes of Health.  But that has nothing to do with the White House Coronavirus Response Team.  That was an ad hoc group created by Trump, and he could assign whomever he wanted to it or eliminate the whole thing entirely, with everyone just continuing to do their normal government jobs.

Trump knows that, but he misleads people into thinking he was stuck with Fauci on that team, and he wasn't.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump's biggest fault was 'trust'. Like me he trusted people were telling him the truth, when they were actually lying in his face.

Trust and forgiveness are stupid and very much highly overrated attributes. People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. Trump did not know that at the time. But I do believe he knows it now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Honestly it’s not about “firing” Fauci.

Fauci was indeed long part of the feds.

I’m just thinking Trump didn’t have to even fire him, just “demote” him as not the coordinator of COVID response.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Fauci must of been pretty important if his ultimate boss couldn't fire him... A boss that specialized in saying "You're Fired".

Me thinks, someone is just spouting BS untruths.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline cato potatoe

2020 was Donald's masterwork.  Everything you remember about that time --- the hysteria, the isolation, the economic destruction, the crime, the democrat sweep --- never forget, he made all of it possible. 

Offline Kamaji

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump's biggest fault was 'trust'. Like me he trusted people were telling him the truth, when they were actually lying in his face.

His problem was not that he was too trusting. His problem is that he is averse to reading, and to getting involved in the details of anything.   Even if he was to trusting initially, he could easily have discern the truth for himself if he simply had paid sufficient attention to the issue. He is intellectually lazy, and therefore it is easy not only to fool him, but to keep fooling him.

I don't even believe that was really the issue though. I think Trump's priority when COVID hit was to ensure his own reelection.  That's it.. Just keep his poll numbers high for the next 8 months so he could get reelected.

Trump knew Fauci was wrong, and knew he could have removed him from the White House Coronavirus response team (which he could legally and easily have done and he knows that).  He was afraid the media would say mean things about him and hurt his standing with the public.  He figured he had the election in the bag, and all he had to do is go along with Fauci for 8 months so that nobody could criticize him for screwing up the response.  Longer-term consequences be damned.

That's what I think was really going on.

Offline Kamaji

His problem was not that he was too trusting. His problem is that he is averse to reading, and to getting involved in the details of anything.   Even if he was to trusting initially, he could easily have discern the truth for himself if he simply had paid sufficient attention to the issue. He is intellectually lazy, and therefore it is easy not only to fool him, but to keep fooling him.

I don't even believe that was really the issue though. I think Trump's priority when COVID hit was to ensure his own reelection.  That's it.. Just keep his poll numbers high for the next 8 months so he could get reelected.

Trump knew Fauci was wrong, and knew he could have removed him from the White House Coronavirus response team (which he could legally and easily have done and he knows that).  He was afraid the media would say mean things about him and hurt his standing with the public.  He figured he had the election in the bag, and all he had to do is go along with Fauci for 8 months so that nobody could criticize him for screwing up the response.  Longer-term consequences be damned.

That's what I think was really going on.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

Honestly it’s not about “firing” Fauci.

Fauci was indeed long part of the feds.

I’m just thinking Trump didn’t have to even fire him, just “demote” him as not the coordinator of COVID response.

And put him in charge of the virus lab in Antarctica... I'da been alright with that.  :cool:

Offline corbe

He's obviously figured out that his response to Covid was a disaster and he will be hit hard in the upcoming primaries for that. 
   He's still an uneducated azzhole, prone to lying.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Timber Rattler

I think Trump's priority when COVID hit was to ensure his own reelection.  That's it..

***agree

:pootrump:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Timber Rattler

And put him in charge of the virus lab in Antarctica... I'da been alright with that.  :cool:

And thawing out the Thing...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Fauci must of been pretty important if his ultimate boss couldn't fire him... A boss that specialized in saying "You're Fired".

Me thinks, someone is just spouting BS untruths.

Me thinks you are absolutely correct.  888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.