Author Topic: MS-13 gang member pleads guilty in 2016 slaying of two teenage girls on New York street  (Read 217 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MS-13 gang member pleads guilty in 2016 slaying of two teenage girls on New York street
by: Associated Press

Posted: Sep 5, 2023 / 07:44 PM CDT

Updated: Sep 5, 2023 / 07:44 PM CDT

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (AP) — A member of the violent MS-13 street gang pleaded guilty Thursday for his part in the murders of four people, including two teenage girls who were attacked with a machete and baseball bats as they walked through their suburban Long Island neighborhood seven years ago.

Enrique Portillo, 26, was among several gang members accused of ambushing best friends Nisa Mickens, 15, and Kayla Cuevas, 16, in retaliation for a dispute among high school students in 2016.

The murders in Brentwood, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) east of New York City, shook parents and local officials and cast a spotlight on the deepening problem of gang violence in the suburbs.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/ms-13-gang-member-pleads-guilty-in-2016-slaying-of-two-teenage-girls-on-new-york-street/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In NY, he'll probably get a minimum of 60 days for each murder.  NY needs to get tough on murder with tough sentencing like that. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson