Author Topic: Espionage? Chinese Nationals Gate-Crashed U.S. Installations 100 Times  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Espionage? Chinese Nationals Gate-Crashed U.S. Installations 100 Times
BY CATHERINE SALGADO 9:41 AM ON SEPTEMBER 04, 2023

Chinese nationals have illicitly tried to access U.S. military installations and other sensitive areas some 100 times in recent years, raising the issue of espionage.

The Wall Street Journal reported this weekend that these incidents range from individuals claiming they were just following GPS to get to restaurants that are actually on bases to speeding through checkpoints to scuba divers. Since we know that the America-hating Chinese Communist Party planted half a dozen illicit police stations in the U.S. and infiltrated all major U.S. institutions and levels of government, the risk of espionage is very real.

[WSJ:] Chinese nationals, sometimes posing as tourists, have accessed military bases and other sensitive sites in the U.S. as many as 100 times in recent years, according to U.S. officials, who describe the incidents as a potential espionage threat.

The Defense Department, FBI and other agencies held a review last year to try to limit these incidents, which involve people whom officials have dubbed gate-crashers because of their attempts—either by accident or intentionally—to get onto U.S. military bases and other installations without proper authorization. They range from Chinese nationals found crossing into a U.S. missile range in New Mexico to what appeared to be scuba divers swimming in murky waters near a U.S. government rocket-launch site in Florida.

The incidents, which U.S. officials describe as a form of espionage, appear designed to test security practices at U.S. military installations and other federal sites. Officials familiar with the practice say the individuals are typically Chinese nationals pressed into service and required to report back to the Chinese government.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/09/04/espionage-chinese-nationals-gate-crashed-u-s-installations-100-times-n1724333
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Espionage? Chinese Nationals Gate-Crashed U.S. Installations 100 Times
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 06:47:55 pm »
Once is a screwup...
Twice is suspicious...
Three times and something is going on.

When I was in Grand Forks, every couple of years some twit would decide they were going to take a good close-up look at a missile silo. Usually, under the influence of alcohol (or other things) they would approach the fence surrounding the installation, and not even get there before the helicopters swooped in, disgorging an armed team with no sense of humor, locked and loaded. A real crappy weekend awaited the genius that was 'just going to see what their tax money had bought', the word would get out, and it would be another couple years before someone else tried it...

So, what is going on with security? Obviously, these attempted incursions were interdicted, but how many more have there been? Immediate deportation should await such, at a minimum.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis