Author Topic: DeSantis drops facts on Biden, climate alarmists for 'politicizing the weather' to push leftist agen  (Read 257 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
DeSantis drops facts on Biden, climate alarmists for 'politicizing the weather' to push leftist agenda

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) slammed the media on Sunday for "politicizing the weather" and blaming Hurricane Idalia on climate change.

After touring hurricane damage in Florida on Saturday, President Joe Biden asserted that "nobody intelligent can deny the impact of the climate crisis anymore." Then, at a press conference on Sunday, a reporter asked DeSantis about Biden's remarks as well as the remarks from other media talking heads who are blaming weather events on climate change.

The Florida governor responded by quickly shutting down the leftist narrative.

"The notion that somehow hurricanes are something new, that's just false. And we've got to stop politicizing the weather and stop politicizing natural disasters," he responded.

The governor cited two powerful hurricanes that struck Florida: a 1896 storm that followed nearly the same path and had the same estimated strength as Idalia and the Labor Day hurricane in 1935, one of the most deadly and most powerful storms ever to strike the U.S. These hurricanes, DeSantis suggested, are two examples that prima facie disprove the narrative that climate change is causing more intense storms.......................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/desantis-slams-climate-change-narrative-hurricane-idalia
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

How nice to see a Republican Presidential candidate go after Democrats for a change.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm pretty sure that accounts of hurricanes in the Caribbean go as far back as the late 1400s or early 1500s.

It's amusing that, post-Katrina, Warmistas predicted that hurricanes and hurricane seasons would be getting worse and worse, due to Global Warming. Then when the opposite happened - less extreme seasons and storms - this too was blamed on Global Warming.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.