Author Topic: Crime-fighting fog hits shoplifters as retail theft spirals out of control  (Read 432 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Crime-fighting fog hits shoplifters as retail theft spirals out of control
Story by Chris Eberhart •
2h
MARKETS TODAY

Stuart Varney: Walmart’s warning about shoplifting shouldn’t come as a surprise
A disorienting and blinding fog connected to a store's alarm is a relatively new security measure to stop would-be thieves as organized retail crime spirals out of control.

The technology, which was created by DensityUSA, is already in use in several countries in the European Union and Australia but is becoming more prevalent in the U.S., said Mike Egel, president of DensityUSA.

Stores lost an estimated $86.6 billion to retail theft in 2022, and projections indicate that amount may reach $115 billion in 2025, according to Capital One Shopping Research.

"I think the COVID-19 pandemic tore the social and economic fabric of America," Egel told Fox News Digital. "Pre-pandemic, crime was on the decline. But when the nation shut down and the economy stepped backwards, common sense went to an all-time low. And sadly, crime rose and continues to grow."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/crime-fighting-fog-hits-shoplifters-as-retail-theft-spirals-out-of-control/ar-AA1gdppW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e576a6cf263b4a16a93ec99b7eb41542&ei=52
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Re: Crime-fighting fog hits shoplifters as retail theft spirals out of control
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 03:22:39 pm »
Oh goodie.  Go to the store and get gassed when some else tries to steal something. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 03:29:28 pm »
Oh goodie.  Go to the store and get gassed when some else tries to steal something.

Or some other shopper  falls and gets injured from obstructed view, and then sues.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 03:31:30 pm »
Or the thingy at the register fails to deactivate the RFID tag...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 03:36:46 pm »
Stupid gimmick that will do nothing to deter thief. Just adds to the cost of products in the long run, something stores can't afford when competing with Amazon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 03:37:33 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....