Author Topic: Live Stream: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s Impeachment Trial  (Read 10451 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Live Stream: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s Impeachment Trial
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2023, 04:14:25 pm »
Paxton would likely get replaced with someone just as conservative.  They don’t have the 2/3 rds to convict him.  Doubt this was good for his marriage.

You do realize tht this is not about what level of ACA rating you have, but who you align with.  (And in Paxton's case, his assocation with DJT)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2023, 04:15:33 pm »
Is it Last Call yet?

Not quite yet as there will likely be at least one more special session after this Paxton trial is over with.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2023, 04:19:00 pm »
You do realize tht this is not about what level of ACA rating you have, but who you align with.  (And in Paxton's case, his assocation with DJT)

Do you realize that Ken Paxton is very likely the ONLY AG in this country willing to actively go after corruption in the federal government?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2023, 04:23:04 pm »
Do you realize that Ken Paxton is very likely the ONLY AG in this country willing to actively go after corruption in the federal government?

AND quite successfully among his peers, I might add.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2023, 04:25:04 pm »

????

Not related to my comment.  Mine was an explanation of why he is under attack, and I don't think that can be disputed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2023, 04:28:24 pm »
????

Not related to my comment.  Mine was an explanation of why he is under attack, and I don't think that can be disputed.

Alright! I re-read your post and now follow. Sorry for the confusion on my part.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 04:29:58 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2023, 04:33:59 pm »
Alright! I re-read your post and now follow. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

In any case, if Dade Phelan gets sacked, I'll try to get local photos at his unemployment line.    :beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2023, 04:35:19 pm »
In any case, if Dade Phelan gets sacked, I'll try to get local photos at his unemployment line.    :beer:

888high58888 :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2023, 06:17:21 pm »

Is there any chance of that happening?  Because that ... person... needs to be primaried post-haste.
Let it burn.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2023, 06:27:53 pm »
Is there any chance of that happening?  Because that ... person... needs to be primaried post-haste.

He has been formally censured by his home county Executive Committee, several other counties have formally endorsed that, and the SREC will take up the matter at their October meeting.

Several people have already announced their intention to run against him in the primary.

I think Phelan is toast but that's just me.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2023, 06:33:18 pm »
He has been formally censured by his home county Executive Committee, several other counties have formally endorsed that, and the SREC will take up the matter at their October meeting.

Several people have already announced their intention to run against him in the primary.

I think Phelan is toast but that's just me.

That would be a good thing.  I also think it would be a good thing if every House Republican who voted to impeach got a primary opponent, and every Senate Republican who votes to convict got a primary opponent. But I don't always get what I want.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2023, 06:35:21 pm »
That would be a good thing.  I also think it would be a good thing if every House Republican who voted to impeach got a primary opponent, and every Senate Republican who votes to convict got a primary opponent. But I don't always get what I want.   :shrug:

:yowsa: You and I are on exactly the same page.

And so is Michael Berry @Ghost Bear

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-michael-berry-show-27764850/episode/the-czar-is-going-to-levy-123067965/

« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 11:12:31 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2023, 09:59:23 pm »
Everyone following this owes it to themself to invest half an hour listening to this. I'll promise you will be MUCH better informed.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-the-michael-berry-show-27764850/episode/citizen-journalism-uncovers-potential-bush-family-123067962/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2023, 10:17:55 pm »
This is VERY eye opening as well!

Sarah Fields
@SarahisCensored
Johnny Sutton is a partner with John Ashcroft for Ashcroft Law Firm. John Ashcroft served as the 79th U.S. Attorney General in the George W. Bush administration from 2001 to 2005.

It has now been revealed that Sutton was paid $178,100 (beginning Feb 2022) from the Texas General Land Office
@TXGLO

George P Bush was Commissioner of TX GLO in 2022.

Thank you @CanariesBlue for uncovering this payment.

https://twitter.com/SarahisCensored/status/1701649137844805911?t=jfqYc9N_iHG01b3_mfRvtQ&s=19[/size]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 11:09:48 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2023, 05:33:05 pm »
More Bush Ties to Paxton Impeachment Revealed

AUSTIN — As the trial of Attorney General Ken Paxton continues its second week, more details about the role George P. Bush allegedly played in the impeachment effort have come to light.

Paxton’s defense team has advanced the theory that a Bush political network has worked for years to oust the attorney general, as reported by The Dallas Express.

During cross-examination, it was noted that disgruntled employees of the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) went to the FBI on September 30 regarding potential unlawful conduct by Paxton. The very next day, Bush reactivated his law license after a 10-year hiatus.

Furthermore, many of the whistleblowers had retained Bush-affiliated lawyer Johnny Sutton to represent them in the matter. However, during the trial, it was revealed that Sutton had not charged them over the course of three years and that fees had hardly been discussed.

Ryan Vassar explained, “He has agreed to bill us at a future date.”

Sutton was the criminal justice policy director for George P. Bush’s uncle, George W. Bush while the latter served as the governor of Texas. Sutton also led the Department of Justice transition team for George W. Bush after he was elected president.

Bush then named Sutton associate deputy attorney general before appointing him as U.S. attorney for the Western District of Texas, a position he held from November 2001 to April 2009.

Sutton also notoriously prosecuted several border patrol agents while acting as a U.S. attorney, apparently giving drug traffickers legal immunity in order to secure the agents’ convictions. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) claimed Sutton had a “prosecutorial over-reaction” following a congressional hearing on the subject in 2007.

“You weren’t going after cartels in this case,” the senator said. “You were going after Border Patrol agents.”

Throughout the case, Sutton was “vigorously supported” by President George W. Bush, while congressmen called the prosecutions “the worst betrayal of American defenders I have ever seen,” per the Washington Times. Bush eventually commuted the agents’ sentences in 2009, but President Donald Trump actually pardoned them in 2020...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 05:33:57 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2023, 01:59:41 pm »
TEXAS AG IMPEACHMENT: Paxton’s Mistress ‘Deemed Unavailable to Testify’

Texas House “prosecutors” started Day 7 of the impeachment trial of suspended Attorney General Ken Paxton by calling Laura Olson as a witness. Witnesses testified that Paxton called a meeting in September of 2018 and admitted to his top brass and his wife that he had an affair with Olson.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/13/texas-ag-impeachment-paxtons-mistress-deemed-unavailable-to-testify/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2023, 02:01:24 pm »

Texas House “prosecutors” started Day 7 of the impeachment trial of suspended Attorney General Ken Paxton by calling Laura Olson as a witness. Witnesses testified that Paxton called a meeting in September of 2018 and admitted to his top brass and his wife that he had an affair with Olson.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/13/texas-ag-impeachment-paxtons-mistress-deemed-unavailable-to-testify/

I wonder if this is the real point of this exercise, basically to expose his infidelity to the world? Whether or not she testifies is immaterial, now everyone knows she exists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2023, 02:42:07 pm »

The motion for a directed verdict by the defense and the countermotion by the prosecution have since been withdrawn and the trial will proceed without Ms. Olson.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2023, 04:02:02 pm »
I wonder if this is the real point of this exercise, basically to expose his infidelity to the world? Whether or not she testifies is immaterial, now everyone knows she exists.

I am thinking the prosecution figured out it was a nothing-burger, and are using this excuse to save face.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2023, 04:05:25 pm »

The motion for a directed verdict by the defense and the countermotion by the prosecution have since been withdrawn and the trial will proceed without Ms. Olson.

re: Tucker Carlson Interview

I hope he unloads on Phelan, to the point it ruins his career.  AND I hope Newsmax, Fox, et. al run h Phelan's Foster Brook routine on 24/7 rotation.  I guess Public Intoxication is still a crime.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2023, 06:47:49 pm »
LIVE — TEXAS AG IMPEACHMENT DAY 8: Defense Presents Its Case

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/14/live-texas-ag-impeachment-day-8-defense-presents-its-case/

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the defense team spend their morning shredding several of the impeachment articles and can't wait for the show to get started again!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 06:53:46 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2023, 07:59:50 pm »

So where's the beef, is adultery illegal in Texas? Did the 'mistress' receive special favors for participating in the extramarital affair? Democrats certainly shouldn't have a problem with it since 'it's just sex'.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2023, 11:44:15 pm »
Defense rests. Closing arguments tomorrow @ 9:00 AM.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO