Author Topic: Live Stream: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s Impeachment Trial  (Read 10443 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Live Stream: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s Impeachment Trial
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2023, 10:50:14 pm »
Is it time to cue Clara Peller?

:yowsa: "Where's the Beef!" is an entirely appropriate question in this matter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2023, 10:51:21 pm »
Considering our House members are paid $7,200 /yr. plus a $221/day per-diem, and are having to sit though this needless special session Kanagroo Court, I sure hope numb nuts Phelan gets accosted in the parking lot by a few angry colleagues.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:57:36 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2023, 01:25:46 am »
It's my understanding that the men that were fired by Paxton and are testifying against him are strong Christian men, I've never met any of them nor know anything about each.  Also, didn't Paxton have an affair on his wife during this time?  Paxton is not a great guy, so I hear.
Gosh he had an affair on his wife? Sounds like a personal manner not a government one and as far as strong Christian men? Same could be said by those in the Spanish Inquisition. What's your beef with Paxton....the real one?

Online corbe

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2023, 01:37:05 am »
         I really don't blame him.

*Not an actual picture of Lauren Olsen
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:38:32 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2023, 02:17:49 am »
Gosh he had an affair on his wife? Sounds like a personal manner not a government one and as far as strong Christian men? Same could be said by those in the Spanish Inquisition. What's your beef with Paxton....the real one?
I've never met Paxton, but when my best friend, who works in Paxton's sphere and knows all of the players says Paxton is not a good guy, I tend to believe them.  They also know the people fired by Paxton and say they are very honorable individuals.  It's hard to discount their testimony.  It sounds like Paxton pulled a few strings for a donor, which apparently was unethical.  Seems this is the bottom line of this case.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 02:18:47 am by Jack Russell »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2023, 02:44:48 am »
Decision looms

Houston Chronicle by Jeremy Wallace

Looks like we have hit the homestretch of the Ken Paxton impeachment trial, at least according to Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick who is acting as the judge in the case before the Texas Senate.

Patrick told members of the Texas Senate today they will not take any days off from here on out until they reach a final decision on whether Paxton, currently the suspended attorney general, will become the first statewide elected official impeached in Texas since 1917.

“From this moment forward, no off days until the trial, the deliberations and the decision is given,” Patrick, a Houston Republican, said.

Each side has about 14 hours remaining to question witnesses. That clock will likely run out by Thursday morning, Patrick said, and then both sides will have an hour for rebuttal and another hour for closing remarks.

More: https://link.houstonchronicle.com/view/5b0232662ddf9c12eaecd67ejgcjo.z3/74f26770

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2023, 08:34:25 am »
I've never met Paxton, but when my best friend, who works in Paxton's sphere and knows all of the players says Paxton is not a good guy, I tend to believe them.  They also know the people fired by Paxton and say they are very honorable individuals.  It's hard to discount their testimony.  It sounds like Paxton pulled a few strings for a donor, which apparently was unethical.  Seems this is the bottom line of this case.

Firing honorable people isn't unethical is it? For one thing, that's a subjective definition.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2023, 01:06:04 pm »
:yowsa: "Where's the Beef!" is an entirely appropriate question in this matter!

:silly: Even in Texas the greasy pols can't produce the beef! :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2023, 01:41:46 pm »
         I really don't blame him.

*Not an actual picture of Lauren Olsen

Looks like a dude from the neck down.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2023, 01:54:51 pm »
:silly: Even in Texas the greasy pols can't produce the beef! :silly:

They sure as heck haven't produced any thus far!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2023, 01:57:22 pm »

I'm sorry to say that none of that surprises me. @Jack Russell

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2023, 02:05:12 pm »

Hate to tell you, but for good or bad, if your bar for impeachment and conviction is based on pure ethics, The Capitol, and all the county's statehouses would be near vacant.  Not justifying, just being realistic of what pretty much has become witch hunt, with Kanagroo Court Legislators deciding his fate.

And if you really could be a universal fly on the wall, I'll venture a guess that the fictional Washington bound Mr. Smith does not exist.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2023, 02:46:03 pm »
TEXAS AG IMPEACHMENT DAY 5: Adultery, Misuse of State Money for Private Purposes, Travis DA Witnesses

The fifth day of the impeachment trial of suspended Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton included reports of adultery and misuse of State resources for private purposes. His former chief of staff testified that “50 percent” of executive-level staff time was spent on activities to benefit donor Natin “Nate” Paul, and it “was directed by Attorney General Ken Paxton.” Paxton wanted to have his office investigate the federal and DPS investigators who were investigating his donor and him, witnesses testified.

more

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/12/texas-ag-impeachment-day-5/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2023, 02:58:46 pm »
TEXAS AG IMPEACHMENT DAY 5: Adultery, Misuse of State Money for Private Purposes, Travis DA Witnesses

Adultery?  Wow, the pro-Bushy factions are rally desperate.   And Money misue?  Let's see the evidence.  From the frothy thin case they've presented thus far, watch it be something like using tax dollars for a newspaper at the Airport. 

Phelan and his band of imbecilles are really embarassing themselves.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2023, 03:08:42 pm »
... His former chief of staff testified that “50 percent” of executive-level staff time was spent on activities to benefit donor Natin “Nate” Paul, and it “was directed by Attorney General Ken Paxton.” ...

Got emails?

Got memos and meeting notes?

Got Word and PDF files?

Proving this claim with documents - hard copy and soft copy - should be incredibly easy ... and the lack of such evidence is an indicator that the accusation is non-credible.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2023, 03:09:43 pm »
Adultery?  Wow, the pro-Bushy factions are rally desperate.   And Money misue?  Let's see the evidence.  From the frothy thin case they've presented thus far, watch it be something like using tax dollars for a newspaper at the Airport. 

Phelan and his band of imbecilles are really embarassing themselves.

The reason I'm following this myself is that I knew going in that the press would parrot the prosecution line and, as usual, what they DON"t report is more important than what they do report.

As in, the defense has thus far very effectively shredded EVERY prosecution witness.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 03:10:45 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2023, 03:35:23 pm »
This is a Political Trial, not a Criminal Trial.  Nothing needs to be proven, they just need to get 2/3rds of a hostile Senate to approve, and I don't know if they have the votes to convict.  If they do, then nothing else matters and Paxton is gone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2023, 03:38:22 pm »
This is a Political Trial, not a Criminal Trial.  Nothing needs to be proven, they just need to get 2/3rds of a hostile Senate to approve, and I don't know if they have the votes to convict.  If they do, then nothing else matters and Paxton is gone.

Good points, and if the truth be known...... The vote whatever it will be is preordained, and established in advance.  Thuggery and arm twisting in Austin gone amok.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2023, 03:41:28 pm »
LIVE — Day 6 of Texas AG Impeachment Trial: House Testimony Expected to Wrap Up

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/12/live-day-6-of-texas-ag-impeachment-trial-house-testimony-expected-to-wrap-up/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2023, 03:52:40 pm »

:yowsa: That is a fact and IMHO any republican senator who votes to convict after seeing the "evidence" is ending his political career.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2023, 03:54:46 pm »
:yowsa: That is a fact and IMHO any republican senator who votes to convict after seeing the "evidence" is ending his political career.

Voting for acquital will do the same after Phelan and his lackeys blackball you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2023, 04:07:13 pm »
Voting for acquital will do the same after Phelan and his lackeys blackball you.

I respectfully disagree @catfish1957 Phelan's fifteen minutes are about up.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2023, 04:12:06 pm »

Is it Last Call yet?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2023, 04:12:29 pm »

Hope you are right, but also realize that if Phelan is axed, another Bush sponsored hit man will slide right in place afterwards.