Author Topic: Live Stream: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s Impeachment Trial  (Read 10908 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Live Stream: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s Impeachment Trial
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2023, 09:15:23 pm »
The outcome is more than I expected. I'm happy.

How do we get such crummy Speakers?

All the Democrats and a few RINOs! Next queston.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2023, 09:16:57 pm »
NOW is how you fight lawfare - 'the court' has proven innocence... How those who railroaded him are treated will determine if it is done again.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2023, 09:27:51 pm »

Thanks.....  will be calling both numbers to request the ouster of this drunken  son of a bitch.

BTW...  if anyone else needs it.  The incomplete area code on the graphic is 409
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 09:29:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2023, 02:50:04 pm »
Good result.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2023, 02:53:51 pm »
Good result.

And the same result that should have been applied to "The Hammer".  The dims, MSM, GOP RINOs have systemized ways to destroy anyone who might mess with the Swamp.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2023, 04:27:37 pm »
And the same result that should have been applied to "The Hammer".  The dims, MSM, GOP RINOs have systemized ways to destroy anyone who might mess with the Swamp.

@catfish1957

The dims, MSM, GOP RINOs

Also known as,"The Uni-Party".

It's all about da benjamins and personal power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2023, 05:01:33 pm »
Everyone following this thread needs to read this one as well. Explains a lot!

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,512716.msg2905192.html#msg2905192

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2023, 04:37:44 pm »

If this is true Ron Desantis can KMA! I'll never voter for him!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2023, 04:54:40 pm »

If this is true Ron Desantis can KMA! I'll never voter for him!

It's my understanding that Laura Loomer is a Trump-o-phile, and has adopted that clan's pernicious habit of pushing lies and innuendo when it comes to DeSantis.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2023, 04:57:01 pm »
It's my understanding that Laura Loomer is a Trump-o-phile, and has adopted that clan's pernicious habit of pushing lies and innuendo when it comes to DeSantis.

Using her logic, she is from Florida, where the recent KKK rally took place. She did nothing to stop it, and it was in her state, so therefore she supports the KKK.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2023, 04:58:17 pm »

I don't live far from Houston and I'll assure you that I personally will know whether or not this actually happens and will report it here.

Meanwhile, someone in the DeSantis camp better warn him about appearing anywhere in this state with Dade Phelan
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 05:07:52 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2023, 05:26:03 pm »
I don't live far from Houston and I'll assure you that I personally will know whether or not this actually happens and will report it here.

Meanwhile, someone in the DeSantis camp better warn him about appearing anywhere in this state with Dade Phelan

I just did a little online searching, and while DeSantis will be in Texas for some fundraising events:  https://floridapolitics.com/archives/634541-down-by-50-points-in-texas-ron-desantis-slates-campaign-trip/

Nothing I have seen indicates that he will be doing so with Phelan.  Depending on the nature of the event, I assume that it is quite possible that a fundraising event in Phelan's own district may apply to both him and to DeSantis, but that does not mean that DeSantis is fundraising with Phelan, other than in the mere coincidence category.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2023, 05:36:18 pm »
I just did a little online searching, and while DeSantis will be in Texas for some fundraising events:  https://floridapolitics.com/archives/634541-down-by-50-points-in-texas-ron-desantis-slates-campaign-trip/

Nothing I have seen indicates that he will be doing so with Phelan.  Depending on the nature of the event, I assume that it is quite possible that a fundraising event in Phelan's own district may apply to both him and to DeSantis, but that does not mean that DeSantis is fundraising with Phelan, other than in the mere coincidence category.

I repeat, "Someone in the DeSantis camp had better warn him about being seen in public anywhere in Texas with Dade Phelan."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 05:41:12 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2023, 05:39:14 pm »
   Consider the source, this is Looney Laura, a known Trumper.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2023, 06:32:44 pm »

@Kamaji

Just a coinkydink,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2023, 06:35:01 pm »
If alcohol is being served then Phelan may be in trouble.  :silly: :silly: :silly:

@Jack Russell

Is alcohol served at any political rally? Not talking about the ones held at night by  invitation only for the Mega donors at Hotels,but the big public ones held out in the open?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2023, 09:23:06 pm »
@Jack Russell

Is alcohol served at any political rally? Not talking about the ones held at night by  invitation only for the Mega donors at Hotels,but the big public ones held out in the open?

I have held GOP rallies and fundraisers that were public and alcohol was served. The Party did not pick up any bar tabs, they were paid for by the attendees themselves.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online berdie

« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2023, 09:53:55 pm »

Please do report. I'll be interested in how things actually shake out. It doesn't sound like they are at the same fundraiser.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2023, 09:58:17 pm »
I have held GOP rallies and fundraisers that were public and alcohol was served. The Party did not pick up any bar tabs, they were paid for by the attendees themselves.

@Cyber Liberty

Thanks!

I was just curious.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2023, 10:10:51 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks!

I was just curious.

I doubt they do that at those Stadium-sized rallies....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2023, 11:18:14 pm »
Dan Patrick Officially Requests Audit into Impeachment Costs

Texas Scorecard by  Brandon Waltens   | September 18, 2023

Patrick has been vocally critical of the House-led impeachment since the trial concluded on Saturday.

After signaling that he would call for an audit into the Paxton impeachment trial expenses shortly after the verdict on Saturday, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has now officially made the request.

In a letter to state auditor Lisa Collier, Patrick asks for all expenditures incurred by the Texas House of Representatives, the Texas Senate, and the Office of the Attorney General from March 1, 2023 through October 15, 2023.

“To be clear, the goal is to determine the absolute total cost to the state of preparing for and conducting this trial from the beginning through its conclusion,” wrote Patrick. “This must detail all expenses, including but not limited to, investigators expenses, document production and assembly, attorney expenses, witness fees, travel, food and lodging. This list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Please determine and report on all expenses; if there are invoices outstanding, we seek to know what they are and when they will be received.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/dan-patrick-officially-requests-audit-into-impeachment-costs/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2023, 11:17:38 am »
Politics of impeachment

Houston Chronicle by Jeremy Wallace 9/19/2023

Within minutes of the Texas Senate voting to acquit Attorney General Ken Paxton of all impeachment charges, the politics came into much clearer view.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who oversees the Texas Senate, broke his months of silence and declared the Texas House “rammed through” the impeachment and wasted taxpayer money and time.

“An impeachment should never happen again in the House like it happened this year,” said the Houston Republican who was acting as the judge in the impeachment case.

His comments immediately triggered an angry rebuke from House Speaker Dade Phelan, a Beaumont Republican, who said Patrick was attacking the House for “standing up against corruption.” Phelan said Patrick’s comments show the trial outcome was “orchestrated from the start, cheating the people of Texas of justice.”

It all highlights an inescapable political reality: leaders of the House and Senate don’t like each other much these days. Phelan and Patrick have been at odds for months, barely communicating most of the last year and with plenty of name-calling, as I reported earlier this year. They fought over property tax reforms and when the first special session was called in the summer, Phelan had his members meet for just one day before bailing on Austin. That made certain no further negotiations would happen resulting in the 31 members of the Texas Senate having to return for yet another 30-day special session later, further ruining their summer.

More: https://link.houstonchronicle.com/view/5b0232662ddf9c12eaecd67eji0td.5et/05a6e53b

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2023, 01:32:32 pm »
Does anyone still read the Houston Comical? If so, why?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2023, 02:06:35 pm »
Impeachment just don't have that ol' sting like it used to. If you're gonna impeach, better make sure you have a supermajority.