Author Topic: Google chief thinks its big AI innovations are best placed in the hands of government regulators -60  (Read 257 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 17, 2023
Google chief thinks its big AI innovations are best placed in the hands of government regulators -60 Minutes
By Monica Showalter

Last Night, 60 Minutes had an engaging segment about artificial intelligence, its development and its uses, explaining out how it works and what it might mean for ordinary people.

According to CNBC:

Google and Alphabet

CEO Sundar Pichai said “every product of every company” will be impacted by the quick development of AI, warning that society needs to prepare for technologies like the ones it’s already launched.

In an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes” aired on Sunday that struck a concerned tone, interviewer Scott Pelley tried several of Google’s AI projects and said he was “speechless” and felt it was “unsettling,” referring to the human-like capabilities of products like Google’s chatbot Bard.
“We need to adapt as a society for it,” Pichai told Pelley, adding that jobs that would be disrupted by AI would include “knowledge workers,” including writers, accountants, architects and, ironically, even software engineers.

“This is going to impact every product across every company,” Pichai said. “For example, you could be a radiologist, if you think about five to ten years from now, you’re going to have an AI collaborator with you. You come in the morning, let’s say you have a hundred things to go through, it may say, ‘these are the most serious cases you need to look at first.’”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/google_chief_thinks_its_big_ai_innovations_are_best_placed_in_the_hands_of_government_regulators_60_minutes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Sharyl Attkisson 🕵️‍♂️💼🥋
@SharylAttkisson
This conversation between @DrHarveyRisch with A.I. helps explain one of the things that can be so wrong about A.I. It's just another way the propagandists an control information under the guise of some kind of fact-based resource. You should be chilled after you listen to this.
My Conversation with AI Over Hydroxychloroquine
By Harvey RischHarvey Risch
  June 16, 2023
https://brownstone.org/articles/my-conversation-with-ai-over-hydroxychloroquine/

... User:

Why have you made numerous factual errors in the discussion above, when the facts were all published?

RebbeIO:

I apologize for any confusion or errors that I may have caused in our discussion. As an AI language model, I strive to provide accurate and helpful responses based on the information available to me. However, I am not perfect and may make mistakes or misinterpret information at times.

I understand the importance of providing accurate information, especially when it comes to matters of public health and scientific research. I will continue to do my best to provide accurate and helpful responses based on the information available to me, and I appreciate your patience and understanding.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org