Author Topic: "Black Lives Don't Seem To Matter When Taken By Black Lives": Maher, Rogan Go Off  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"Black Lives Don't Seem To Matter When Taken By Black Lives": Maher, Rogan Go Off

BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, SEP 03, 2023 - 07:30 PM

Joe Rogan and 'old school Democrat' Bill Maher have had it with progressive policies towards crime and policing, and the hypocrisy over 'black lives' when blacks are killing each other.

"Murders have been happening way out of control in Chicago among the African-American Community for far too long and not really reported in the same way they should be," lamented Maher in an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience which aired on Saturday, adding "It's amazing how black lives don't seem to matter when they're taken by black lives," pointing to the MSM's asymmetric reporting.

"Their idea was like go in arrest the big kingpins and then we'll clean up the city. It didn't work at all."

Maher then asks 'where are the leaders of the community? The people who have such cache among those young African American men, to say 'cut it out! What the bleep are you doing to each other?'

(Yes Bill, it would be nice if everything was an episode of the A-Team where ex-gangsters are high-fiving each other over paint rollers as they clean up the graffiti they just made & drug dealers flush their stashes because kingpins finally spoke out).

According to Rogan, "Austin defunded the police and refunded it far more than they defunded it because they course corrected," adding "They realized this was not working, and we have to do something to fix it. Which makes me happy because there's a lot of crime." (via KanekoaTheGreat).

"Liberalism was never 'shoplifting is progressive,'" Maher responded. "And we weren't interested in legalizing shoplifting, but after the George Floyd murder and riots, there was a movement to disband a lot of the police... And what happened was, of course, crime went up in certain areas, and a lot of the officers who were fired or let go, were hired as private security by the rich people, and their neighborhoods stayed safe. That wasn't exactly a victory for Liberalism."

Watch:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/black-lives-dont-seem-matter-when-taken-black-lives-maher-rogan-go
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And what happened was, of course, crime went up in certain areas, and a lot of the officers who were fired or let go, were hired as private security by the rich people, and their neighborhoods stayed safe. That wasn't exactly a victory for Liberalism."

Nope. sure wasn't a 'victory' but unintended consequences are typical of Leftist Policy--in fact, they are a hallmark.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The whole Slavery/Jim Crow card is getting old. Not with people streaming across the border and Blacks targeting Asians who are trying to get a fair shake.

At some point you have to stop being a racial separatist and segregationalist and get with the Melting Pot.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

The whole Slavery/Jim Crow card is getting old.

Especially when it comes from the very Democrats who gave us slavery and Jim Crow.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-