Author Topic: Baltimore Reaps What It Sows, Doesn't Like the Crop  (Read 340 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Baltimore Reaps What It Sows, Doesn't Like the Crop
« on: September 03, 2023, 05:54:24 pm »
Baltimore Reaps What It Sows, Doesn't Like the Crop

By Michael Reagan with Michael R. Shannon
Friday, 01 September 2023 05:08 PM v

A very large flock of chickens recently came home to roost in Baltimore and politicians and residents aren’t happy about the cleanup costs.

Last July 3, a block party called "Brooklyn Day" was held at the Brooklyn Homes projects.

The event attracted hundreds of teenagers and young adults. After dark, as the blowout continued, gunfire broke out and two people were killed and 28 other injured by bullets.

Now the Associated Press informs us, "Baltimore police ignored warning signs and failed to take proactive measures in the hours leading up to a shooting at a neighborhood block party last month — failures that could indicate officer bias, according to a report examining the city’s response."

This is rich coming from the AP.

If there was any bias on the part of the police, it was bias in favor of protecting their job.

https://www.newsmax.com/reagan/ap-baltimore-brooklyn/2023/09/01/id/1132957/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: Baltimore Reaps What It Sows, Doesn't Like the Crop
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 06:33:16 pm »
From the article…

If there was any bias on the part of the police, it was bias in favor of protecting their job.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 07:20:42 pm »
Now the Associated Press informs us, "Baltimore police ignored warning signs and failed to take proactive measures in the hours leading up to a shooting at a neighborhood block party last month — failures that could indicate officer bias, according to a report examining the city’s response."

This is rich coming from the AP.

Baltimore Police did what Baltimore voters voted for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 09:47:25 pm »
Baltimore needs to be a new destination for "bused-in illegals".
They'll fit right in!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 09:56:43 pm »
Gee, I hope they aren't talking about racial bias, considering the ethnicity of the ruling class in Baltimore. But, no, that does seem to be what they mean. Related gobbledygook here:
The Equity Assessment revealed that many Baltimore Police Commanders over-rely on transactional and formal associations that are least relational in nature. This reflects both racial and cultural issues as well as a police adherence to paramilitary structure. The assessment revealed various levels of interaction with the community: (1) presence and visibility; (2) transactional associations; (3) formal associations; (4) informal engagement; and (5) personal relationships.
Something called "The Root," via Yahoo!News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org