Author Topic: Haley calls for terms limits after McConnell’s freeze: ‘We need people at the top of their game’  (Read 352 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I know a lot of people in here don't care for her, but I think she has a shot at being the nominee.  I would prefer DeSantis obviously, and I've counted Trump out for various reasons.

She IMHO is correct on this issue.

Haley calls for terms limits after McConnell’s freeze: ‘We need people at the top of their game’

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley on Sunday called for term limits and mental competency tests in Congress, arguing that "we need people at the top of their game" after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's latest episode of freezing up in public.

Haley, a former U.S. ambassador and governor of South Carolina, said on CBS News’ "Face the Nation" that aging members of Congress need to understand when "it's time to step away," after McConnell froze for more than 30 seconds while fielding questions from reporters in Covington, Kentucky, on Wednesday.

"Here you have Mitch McConnell, who's done great service to the country," Haley said. "You have Dianne Feinstein who had a great career. You've got Nancy Pelosi who'd been there a long time – at what point do they get it's time to leave?"............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/haley-calls-terms-limits-mcconnells-freeze-we-need-people-top-of-their-game
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I know a lot of people in here don't care for her, but I think she has a shot at being the nominee.  I would prefer DeSantis obviously, and I've counted Trump out for various reasons.

She IMHO is correct on this issue.

Haley calls for terms limits after McConnell’s freeze: ‘We need people at the top of their game’

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley on Sunday called for term limits and mental competency tests in Congress, arguing that "we need people at the top of their game" after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's latest episode of freezing up in public.

Haley, a former U.S. ambassador and governor of South Carolina, said on CBS News’ "Face the Nation" that aging members of Congress need to understand when "it's time to step away," after McConnell froze for more than 30 seconds while fielding questions from reporters in Covington, Kentucky, on Wednesday.

"Here you have Mitch McConnell, who's done great service to the country," Haley said. "You have Dianne Feinstein who had a great career. You've got Nancy Pelosi who'd been there a long time – at what point do they get it's time to leave?"............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/haley-calls-terms-limits-mcconnells-freeze-we-need-people-top-of-their-game
I hate statements like this because they're just pandering.  They know that it can't happen without a constitutional amendment that won't happen, but they know voters love it so they say it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Quite frankly, no. It's near impossible to get a Constitutional amendment passed, but more importantly we as a nation need to pay the price for our inability to vote these fools out.

The last time he ran I think he had a great opponent in the primary and people voted Cocaine Mitch right back in.
The Republic is lost.