Author Topic: Russia ‘Claims’ F-35 Stealth Fighters Came Dangerously Close To Their Warplanes  (Read 336 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

SMART BOMBS: MILITARY, DEFENSE AND NATIONAL SECURITY
Russia ‘Claims’ F-35 Stealth Fighters Came Dangerously Close To Their Warplanes

American F-35s appear to be deterring Russia over the skies of Syria, U.S. officials say. Russian pilots have stopped firing flares in front of MQ-9 Reaper drones engaged in operations against ISIS.

ByJohn RossomandoPublished55 seconds ago

American F-35s appear to be deterring Russia over the skies of Syria, U.S. officials say. Russian pilots have stopped firing flares in front of MQ-9 Reaper drones engaged in operations against ISIS.

“We have seen a decrease in the level of aggressiveness of the Russian activities against our MQ-9s,” a senior U.S. defense official told Air & Space Forces Magazine.

At least two of the drones were damaged during prior encounters.

“We’re flying them in a number of different areas,” the official said. “We are flying them on missions up in Syria.”

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/09/russia-claims-f-35-stealth-fighters-came-dangerously-close-to-their-warplanes/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 05:57:09 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tough shitskov! ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So, the US supports Ukies against Russia and Russia decides that ISIS is the lesser of 2 evils in Syria.
Way to go Joe!   :chairbang:
FJB
LGB
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline PeteS in CA

You have to go pretty deep into the article to find the headline story:

Deputy head of the Russian Center for the Reconciliation of the Warring Parties in Syria, Rear Admiral Vadim Kulit, claimed that Russian Su-35 fighters, a Russian Su-34 fighter-bomber, and American F-35s came dangerously close to a confrontation a few weeks ago.

“On August 14, from 12:35 to 12:50, in the Al-Tanf area at an altitude of about 9,100 meters, there was a dangerous rapprochement between two coalition F-35 fighters and two Su-35 aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces, which were making a planned flight along the southern border of Syria. Russian pilots, demonstrating high professionalism, took the necessary measures promptly to prevent a collision with coalition fighters,” Kulit said.

Of course, Russia is not exactly known for being honest in any sort of military situation, and any claims should be taken with a grain of salt.

The Russian media claimed the F-35s locked onto the Su-35s on radar, which “automatically (activated) the onboard defense systems of Russian aircraft,” the admiral said.

What is more likely is that the F-35s got into position on the Su-35s unnoticed, switched on their radars just to say "Hello", and the startled and embarrassed Russian pilots did a GTHO maneuver.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.