Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Overtakes Trump in Poll  (Read 634 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ron DeSantis Overtakes Trump in Poll
« on: September 01, 2023, 01:41:27 am »
Uh oh --- Trump will come absolutely unhinged when he sees this.  Perhaps this will throw him over the edge and prompt him to attend the next debate.  :whistle:

Ron DeSantis Overtakes Trump in Poll

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis defeated former President Donald Trump in a straw poll conducted at the 2023 Young Republican National Convention earlier this month, a sign that the two candidates may have a tough battle to win over the GOP's younger set in their quest for the 2024 presidential nomination.

The Young Republican National Federation (YRNF) hosted its annual convention in Dallas, Texas, from August 16 to August 20. The organization focuses on registered Republicans ages 18 to 40, to "provide them with better political knowledge and understanding of the issues of the day," according to its website.

After the five-day convention—which included speeches from Texas Governor Greg Abbott, Florida Congresswoman Kat Cammack and former Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake—36.6 percent of the attendees indicated that they wanted to see DeSantis as the next Republican presidential candidate. Trump trailed with 35.4 percent of the vote.

The other GOP candidates polling in the top five were businessman Vivek Ramaswamy (9.1 percent), former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley (7.5 percent) and South Carolina Senator Tim Scott (5.5 percent). Roughly 6 percent of participants indicated that they wanted someone else as the next nominee, according to poll results..............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ron-desantis-overtakes-trump-in-poll/ar-AA1g48JM?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=2a75c2560e3a456db04b70ab975378ea&ei=15
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ron DeSantis Overtakes Trump in Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 01:44:49 am »
The Orange Ass is not going to let this slight stand.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 02:10:46 am »
   If this true, in 3 Months Ronna will Issue a strongly worded statement in support of Suicide Watch Clinics all across America for disillusioned Trumpers using their contributions.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 02:29:44 am »
Is RiV gone or on forced vacation?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 02:39:27 am »
These polls are all over the place and polls out this far ahead of the primary season are not reflective of what ultimately will happen
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 02:48:13 am »
The only polls that count are the ones that have Trump way ahead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 09:02:31 pm »
Is RiV gone or on forced vacation?
Shh... she might comeback and repost some random @IAPolls tweet showing Trump with 60%...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 09:05:05 pm »
These polls are all over the place and polls out this far ahead of the primary season are not reflective of what ultimately will happen

That the obvious, but this is the first poll that I have seen that actually shows DeSantis ahead.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2023, 09:12:04 pm »
Hopefully just a timeout.  I kind of miss her actually, even though my blood pressure is much lower now...lol.
@mystery-ak

SHAME!  On all of you!  :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2023, 09:15:51 pm »
SHAME!  On all of you!  :smokin:

Keep in mind this thread isn't about RIV -- It's about DeSantis overtaking Trump in a poll.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2023, 09:25:36 pm »
Keep in mind this thread isn't about RIV -- It's about DeSantis overtaking Trump in a poll.

I apologize... just responded to multiple posts on subject.   888mouth
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2023, 10:10:01 pm »
Hehe. You get your polls, I'll get mine.

Just seen this morning:
https://www.newsmax.com/mclaughlin/christie-ramaswamy-trump/2023/08/29/id/1132489/

McLaughlin Poll: Trump Beats DeSantis with 72 Percent of GOP Vote
29 August 2023
John McLaughlin and Jim McLaughlin

Donald Trump not only is decisively defeating Joe Biden for President, he remains the overwhelming favorite to be the Republican nominee.

In fact, he is crushing his GOP competition.

Among Republican primary voters, Donald Trump leads the field of 13 candidates with a 51% majority.

Vivek Ramaswamy has moved into second with 13%; DeSantis has collapsed to 9%; Pence 4%, Scott 4%, Christie 4%, Haley 3%, all others received less.

Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., had long been viewed as Trump’s primary competitor. But the data shows he offers no real competition today.

One on one between Trump and Desantis what was once a 52% to 41% back in January, is now a 72% to 28% blowout for Trump over DeSantis. That’s a forty-four point lead.

Our poll was completed after the announcement of the Fulton County indictment of President Trump and right before the Republican debate.

This national poll of 1,000 likely voters (+/-3.1% at the 95% confidence interval), was completed between August 15th and 23rd.

More at URL above...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2023, 10:12:40 pm »
That was bound to happen as it was the first poll that I've seen showing DeSantis ahead. Though I do believe it is likely that Trump has seen the poll and is not exactly thrilled.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2023, 10:25:34 pm »
 ////00000////

Oh, the Interent will soon feel Trump's all caps fury.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright