Author Topic: How the Trump Indictments Destroy the Constitution  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How the Trump Indictments Destroy the Constitution
« on: August 31, 2023, 04:38:17 pm »
August 31, 2023
How the Trump Indictments Destroy the Constitution
By Don Brown

Perhaps the greatest danger emerging from the maniacal prosecutions against President Trump involves the left's all-out war against Trump's lawyers, which marks a broader constitutional threat to all Americans.

In the Mar-a-Lago documents prosecution, former Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran, "according to multiple sources," took copious notes of his conversation with Trump.  Then, going full-blown Judas Iscariot, he betrayed Trum by surrendering confidential notes to Jack Smith's power-hungry little prosecutors.  The New York Times, on June 11, wrote "Trump Indictment Shows Critical Evidence Came From One of His Own Lawyers," adding, "M. Evan Corcoran, who was hired to represent the former president after the Justice Department issued a subpoena for classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, could be a key witness in the trial."

"Mr. Corcoran's notes," the Times continues, "first recorded into an iPhone and then transcribed on paper, essentially gave prosecutors a road map to building their case."

So Trump hires Corcoran, entrusting him with  confidential conversations.  But then Corcoran flips against Trump, becoming a "road map" for prosecutors in "building their case."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/08/how_the_trump_indictments_destroy_the_constitution.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: How the Trump Indictments Destroy the Constitution
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 04:39:25 pm »
I thought there was attorney client privelege?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 04:50:07 pm »
 **nononono*

So much for rules and ethical behavior!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 04:52:50 pm »
Lawyer-client confidentiality is not applicable to criminal activity which the lawyer was engaged in or requested to perform.

////00000////

Rights are not absolute.  So, don't ask your lawyer to whack a witness, because the lawyer may be compelled to testify against you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 05:00:18 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 04:59:10 pm »
I thought there was attorney client privelege?

As long as you don't involve your lawyer in a crime then yes.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 05:01:23 pm »
Lawyer-client confidentiality is not applicable to criminal activity which the lawyer was engaged in or request to perform.

////00000////

Rights are not absolute.  So, don't ask your lawyer to whack a witness, because the lawyer may be compelled to testify against you.

So who decides if something an attorney is asked to do for a client is criminal? Is the taking of notes criminal?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 05:10:50 pm »
Judges decide if there is sufficient evidence of a possible crime to waive client-attorney privilege.

If the lawyer was taking CYA notes as his client was asking him to participate in a crime, those notes are fair game.

Again, don't ask your lawyer to commit a crime on your behalf.

Trump liked to use lawyers to commit questionable activity on his behalf because he presumed that the attorney-client privilege inviolate.  He's wrong.  He still can ask a priest or his wife to commit crimes for him.  Let's see how courts rule on that.

Trump is the Devil incarnate.  He corrupts everything and everyone he touches.

So who decides if something an attorney is asked to do for a client is criminal? Is the taking of notes criminal?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023, 05:59:11 pm »

You can't hide illegal conduct by asking your lawyer to do it, or to participate in it.  Every lawyer knows that.  That's different from a client given the lawyer incriminating information about something that happened in the past.  Asking a lawyer to destroy a document in violation of a court order is asking the lawyer to commit a crime, and is not protected.

Now, I think that's why Trump may have used a sleazebucket like Michael Cohen in the past.  Because Cohen would have lied to protect his boss, destroyed documents, whatever was necessary.  He would have acted as Trump's "fixer" by doing things other people couldn't do and being willing to lie to the court about what he was told by his client.

The problem for Trump is that these higher-tier lawyers aren't Cohen, and they're not going to lie to the court or destroy evidence.  So if Trump was counting on them behaving the same as Cohen...he miscalculated badly.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2023, 06:06:49 pm »
You can't hide illegal conduct by asking your lawyer to do it, or to participate in it.  Every lawyer knows that.  That's different from a client given the lawyer incriminating information about something that happened in the past.  Asking a lawyer to destroy a document in violation of a court order is asking the lawyer to commit a crime, and is not protected.

Now, I think that's why Trump may have used a sleazebucket like Michael Cohen in the past.  Because Cohen would have lied to protect his boss, destroyed documents, whatever was necessary.  He would have acted as Trump's "fixer" by doing things other people couldn't do and being willing to lie to the court about what he was told by his client.

The problem for Trump is that these higher-tier lawyers aren't Cohen, and they're not going to lie to the court or destroy evidence.  So if Trump was counting on them behaving the same as Cohen...he miscalculated badly.

:thumbsup:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2023, 06:19:59 pm »
Nobody is better at destroying evidence than Hillary and the Democrats.
The entire Democrat Party is an episode of 'Better call Saul'.
The Democrat Party is a criminal organization. And they love it that way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2023, 06:40:16 pm »

I'm aware. To date I have seen no proof of criminal behavior of any kind on the part of President Trump. Perhaps I will at some point but nothing but allegations so far.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 06:41:55 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2023, 06:41:09 pm »

:yowsa: Absolutely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2023, 07:41:01 pm »

I imagine Cohen could give them a run for their money.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2023, 07:43:56 pm »
I imagine Cohen could give them a run for their money.

I seriously doubt that. Bill and Hill are the masters. No one else come close.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2023, 07:44:15 pm »
I'm aware. To date I have seen no proof of criminal behavior of any kind on the part of President Trump. Perhaps I will at some point but nothing but allegations so far.

Well, right.  The particular allegations that are at issue here are the ones I personally think are most likely to have merit, and if true, likely to survive on appeal.  Those are the ones that have to do with Trump instructing his underlings to hide documents to conceal them from the lawyers conducting the court ordered search.

That's the type of thing I've seen happen enough in the past that it strikes me as at least being credible on its face.  Obviously, that's just a guess and we have to wait to see the actual evidence.

However, I also think any kind of a prison sentence for that would be ridiculous.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2023, 07:48:52 pm »
Well, right.  The particular allegations that are at issue here are the ones I personally think are most likely to have merit, and if true, likely to survive on appeal.  Those are the ones that have to do with Trump instructing his underlings to hide documents to conceal them from the lawyers conducting the court ordered search.

That's the type of thing I've seen happen enough in the past that it strikes me as at least being credible on its face.  Obviously, that's just a guess and we have to wait to see the actual evidence.

However, I also think any kind of a prison sentence for that would be ridiculous.

I think that the entire lawfare crowd knows already that none of this is going to hold water in the end but having it hold water is not their motivation.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2023, 08:31:25 pm »
I seriously doubt that. Bill and Hill are the masters. No one else come close.

Said it many times, but there's a reason a guy as rich as Trump had a scumbag like Cohen as his attorney, and it wasn't due to legal competency.

New York construction and related service industries aren't exactly clean and abive-board.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2023, 08:34:04 pm »
Said it many times, but there's a reason a guy as rich as Trump had a scumbag like Cohen as his attorney, and it wasn't due to legal competency.

New York construction and related service industries aren't exactly clean and abive-board.

I think that is true anywhere to some degree.

- J. R. R. Tolkien