State Chapters > Arizona

Two Trump favorites poised for ugly primary fight

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Two Trump favorites poised for ugly primary fight
Jeremy Duda

Blake Masters is readying a GOP Senate primary campaign that would put him on a potential collision course with Kari Lake, multiple media outlets reported Wednesday.

The big picture: Masters and Lake both won their primaries with former President Trump's endorsement — Masters for Senate and Lake for governor — but lost in last year's general election.

Lake is staffing up for a potential campaign launch this October, Axios' Juliegrace Brufke and Hans Nichols reported earlier in August. Lake said Sunday on Fox News that she's "contemplating" a run.

Zoom in: Masters is making plans to enter the GOP primary for the seat held by Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, who was elected as a Democrat but is now an independent, the Wall Street Journal first reported.

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/08/30/blake-masters-senate-arizona-kari-lake

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on August 31, 2023, 01:40:16 pm ---Two Trump favorites poised for ugly primary fight
Jeremy Duda

Blake Masters is readying a GOP Senate primary campaign that would put him on a potential collision course with Kari Lake, multiple media outlets reported Wednesday.

The big picture: Masters and Lake both won their primaries with former President Trump's endorsement — Masters for Senate and Lake for governor — but lost in last year's general election.

Lake is staffing up for a potential campaign launch this October, Axios' Juliegrace Brufke and Hans Nichols reported earlier in August. Lake said Sunday on Fox News that she's "contemplating" a run.

Zoom in: Masters is making plans to enter the GOP primary for the seat held by Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, who was elected as a Democrat but is now an independent, the Wall Street Journal first reported.

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/08/30/blake-masters-senate-arizona-kari-lake

--- End quote ---

If it gets ugly, I'll write in Bozo the Clown.

This has got to stop. 

They can argue over issues, but if it gets ugly and personal, I will be extremely unhappy.

HikerGuy83:
Masters is now running to fill the congressional seat that is open.

Debbie Lesko, not someone I know much about, decided not to run again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version