Author Topic: White House warns GOP Biden impeachment will backfire  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House warns GOP Biden impeachment will backfire
« on: August 31, 2023, 01:21:28 pm »
White House warns GOP Biden impeachment will backfire
by Alex Gangitano - 08/31/23 6:00 AM ET

The White House is warning House Republicans that a potential impeachment inquiry into President Biden will only backfire on an already fractured conference.

The possibility of an impeachment inquiry appears to be growing, with Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) giving signals recently that one could be launched as soon as September.

Republicans have hammered the White House over allegations of corruption in the form of the business and lobbying work of Hunter Biden, the president’s son, arguing the younger Biden used his ties to power to win business in Ukraine.

Conservative media is also shouldering into the Biden-corruption narrative, particularly in the context of former President Trump’s two federal indictments being brought by Biden’s DOJ with a number of Republicans and GOP voters itching to take a fight to Biden over what they claim are politically-motivated investigations of his predecessor.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4179957-white-house-warns-gop-biden-impeachment-will-backfire/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: White House warns GOP Biden impeachment will backfire
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 03:01:02 pm »
It's Republicans' choice to take such a risk.

Dems took that risk twice, and whiffed.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 03:05:37 pm »
If it truly is going to backfire, why would the White House discourage it?

I'm against actual impeachment.  However, I'm not necessarily against a House investigation as part of an impeachment inquiry because it puts a lot more teeth into subpoenas issued by the House.  And if the White House is stonewalling on information requests, that is the best work-around.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 05:06:58 pm »

I'm against actual impeachment.  However, I'm not necessarily against a House investigation as part of an impeachment inquiry because it puts a lot more teeth into subpoenas issued by the House.  And if the White House is stonewalling on information requests, that is the best work-around.

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 05:13:38 pm »

I have said from day one that any actual impeachment must be done right and that means starting with a full blown impeachment inquiry.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien