Author Topic: CEO of firm that bought land near Travis AFB reveals to congressman why it was kept secret  (Read 349 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CEO of firm that bought land near Travis AFB reveals to congressman why it was kept secret
Stephanie Sierra Image
ByStephanie Sierra KGO logo
Wednesday, August 30, 2023 10:55AM

Firm that bought land near Travis AFB reveals why it was kept secret

Flannery Associates explain why their land purchase near Travis Air Force Base were kept secret in first congressional meeting.

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The investment firm that purchased nearly $1 billion worth of Solano County farmland had its first meeting with Bay Area congressional leaders Tuesday night to discuss their vision for a 'utopian city.'

After five years of unanswered questions, widespread speculation, and concerns over a possible threat to national security - the mystery surrounding the encroachment of Travis Air Force base is starting to reveal itself.

The CEO of Flannery Associates and the firm's consultant sat down with Rep. Mike Thompson (D-Napa) to discuss their plan. Thompson told the ABC7 News I-Team the brains behind the endeavor is a former Goldman Sachs trader, Jan Sramek, who was present at the meeting.

"They tell me that they want to build a city in a way that's environmentally appropriate or a way that will be energy efficient," said Rep. Thompson. "It'll be a green development, they say will not be in conflict with any of the military installation at Travis Air Force Base."

https://abc7news.com/travis-air-force-base-flannery-associates-secret-land-purchase-congressional-hearing/13717564/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just because there will be communications monitoring equipment, radars, and a hot line to China is  nothing to be concerned about. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Goldman Sachs ... Sequoia Capital ... FLANNERY ASSOCIATES LLC (California, https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/201905210181) ... FLANNERY ASSOCIATES LLC (Delaware, https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_de/6731909) ... Silicon Valley Billionaires ...

A new utopian city that just happens to be next to an Air Force base near the Pacific Ocean ... a perfect cover story for Chi-com real estate "investors" fronting for the Chinese Communist Party.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a great cover story.  Crafty little red devils' aren't they!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.