Author Topic: The Magical Thinking of Never Trump  (Read 375 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Magical Thinking of Never Trump
« on: August 30, 2023, 06:38:28 pm »
https://spectator.org/the-magical-thinking-of-never-trump/

The Magical Thinking of Never Trump

Why do they believe the problems he has faced will miraculously disappear for their preferred candidate?

by MELISSA MACKENZIE
August 29, 2023, 3:33 PM

Why does the Never-Trump crowd, the earnest viewers of the Republican primary debate, believe that the tactics used against Donald Trump won’t be used against their preferred candidate? Why can’t they explain how Nikki Haley wins the primary, never mind the general election? Or how does Ron DeSantis overcome the structural fraud problems in every state with a Soros secretary of state

To answer the last question first: Because to acknowledge that the Democrat machine is utterly efficient and capable of manufacturing just enough votes to beat any Republican (including Donald Trump) is to acknowledge that Donald Trump and his supporters have legitimate concerns.

For Never-Trump voters to face that would mean extending grace and giving credence to disturbing systemic problems. They simply cannot do that lest they find themselves in the embarrassing position of talking about voter fraud, ballot harvesting, money laundering, the corruption of the DOJ, and on and on.

In short, those are icky subjects. They would be “denying Democracy,” or some other idiotic phrase meant to stop the argument. Better to have high-handed discussions about Trump’s “bloviating” and tar his supporters as drug addicts seeking fentanyl hits. These stupid Trump rubes are pathetic. Let us, the enlightened, gingerly step over them on our way to meeting our fellow benighted Americans.

Continued at above link...

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Magical Thinking of Never Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 08:05:36 pm »
I don't want to hear statements like "I will NEVER vote for (insert name here)!"

It's needless posturing and come across as insincere.

(There are exceptions, but I don't have to like it, just respect it.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 08:08:57 pm »
Why does the Never-Trump crowd, the earnest viewers of the Republican primary debate, believe that the tactics used against Donald Trump won’t be used against their preferred candidate?
Starting off with a false premise. We are pretty certain the Dems will use their 2020 tactics - and worse - against any Republican presidential candidate in 2024. It's what they do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 08:54:20 pm »
   In our Generation we've had Nixon, Reagan and GWB as examples, they defeated the dem machine by not stepping on their dick all the time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 12:15:10 am »
Because virtually every other candidate knows how to speak like a civilized adult and not shoot themselves in the foot. That's why.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 12:23:21 am »
The swamps willingness to do anything to get rid of Trump tells me that I just might want Trump.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 12:25:47 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 12:30:31 am »
   I looked it up, there will be a serious need of Trumpaholic meetings needed here before 2024. 
   Should we give them their own room, like they wanted @mystery-ak to do to US Cruzers in 16?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023, 12:37:57 am »
DCPatriot, thanks for posting this. The writer says what I've been posting in this forum for months now.

mountaineer wrote:
"We are pretty certain the Dems will use their 2020 tactics - and worse - against any Republican presidential candidate in 2024. It's what they do"

mountaineer, have you read what I posted here, years ago?
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,419737.msg2325220.html#msg2325220
If you haven't, please take a few seconds to read it.

The "apparatus" isn't going away with Mr. Trump. It will actually become stronger WITHOUT him.

Because of the underground (and above-ground) election apparatus, it may become well-nigh impossible for a Republican to win the presidency again, due to the ability of the communists to "control" election outcomes in the critical battleground states.

And the political "persecution through prosecution" of Mr. Trump will become the model for more of the same in the future.

Unless Republicans rise up en masse in support of Mr. Trump against this attack -- to "send 'em a message" that this won't work and won't be tolerated -- such political warfare will become De rigueur for the communists.

Kinda like Germany and the Sudetenland back around 1938...