Author Topic: Trump vows he’ll lock people up if he returns to the White House  (Read 2211 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump vows he’ll lock people up if he returns to the White House
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2023, 10:49:04 pm »
No...incredibly, you STILL want to play the 'Gentleman'...the 'Adult', thinking today's voter will be won over.

He was fraudulently impeached TWICE where today's evidence shows he was telling the truth all along...it was a Black Op conducted by the Obama DOJ and Intelligence community...with Hillary Clinton as co-conspirator.

No sir. 

I wish they built the gallows on the White House South Lawn and President Trump gives a thumbs down from the balcony...

I want Comey, Brennan, Barack and Big Mike..Peter Strzok, Lisa Paige and Joe Biden to take those "13 steps" and swing.  During Cherry Blossom Festival.

Well ... let me tell you why that's never going to happen.  He didn't lock her up as he should have and they called his bluff a long, long time ago.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2023, 10:57:53 pm »
Hail to President Vindictive?

No thanks...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2023, 11:01:55 pm »
   I wasn't aware you could 'lock someone up' when you yourself is locked up. Is this the new take on conjugal visits  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2023, 11:02:21 pm »
It baffles me that so many think that he's actually going to be the nominee. He's facing so many indictments that they'll find one that sticks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2023, 11:05:47 pm »
It baffles me that so many think that he's actually going to be the nominee. He's facing so many indictments that they'll find one that sticks.

It terrifies me that they want to give him the power of an emperor... If even in jest...  :whistle:

Yah told Israel they would not like having a king. But still the people clamored.
I never thought Americans, especially from the Right, would do the same.  **nononono*

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2023, 11:22:00 pm »
He was going to lock up Hillary.  How did that work out?

Even better....  He yelled at 10000 feet he was going to drain the swamp.

Can anyone provide even just one example of how this was accomplished January 20, 2017- January 19, 2021.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2023, 12:46:28 am »
It terrifies me that they want to give him the power of an emperor... If even in jest...  :whistle:

Yah told Israel they would not like having a king. But still the people clamored.
I never thought Americans, especially from the Right, would do the same.  **nononono*

Yup, and that is what bothers me most, more than Trump himself.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2023, 01:18:28 am »

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2023, 12:46:41 pm »

Donald Trump knows none of this is gonna happen

He’s just trying to convince his “listless vessels” that he’s their revenge and retribution
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2023, 02:08:14 pm »
I'd rather he spoke softly and carried a big stick then the opposite, you know what I mean?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2023, 03:18:36 pm »

:yowsa:

And that's why he has to go.  He has twisted the core of what it means to be a believer in a republican form of government by making it all about himself, and too may have bought into that. Like I've said before, I don't think Trump would ever try to become a dictator/King on his own.  But he also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would turn it down if offered.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 03:19:26 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2023, 03:25:29 pm »
@DCPatriot

Okay, 'Neville'....    *****rollingeyes*****   :laugh:

No...incredibly, you STILL want to play the 'Gentleman'...the 'Adult', thinking today's voter will be won over.  He was fraudulently impeached TWICE where today's evidence shows he was telling the truth all along...it was a Black Op conducted by the Obama DOJ and Intelligence community...with Hillary Clinton as co-conspirator.

No sir. 

I wish they built the gallows on the White House South Lawn and President Trump gives a thumbs down from the balcony...I want Comey, Brennan, Barack and Big Mike..Peter Strzok, Lisa Paige and Joe Biden to take those "13 steps" and swing.  During Cherry Blossom Festival.

I said this near the top of the thread precisely because I knew one of you guys would take that approach.

And before any Trump supporters come after me for saying "they shouldn't be able to get away with this", I'm not saying that he shouldn't go after corrupt Democrats.  I saying that promising that publicly before the election is stupid.

Trump shooting off his mouth as you advocate not only makes it less likely he can get elected and do what you want him to do, but also might create legal hurdles that would make it tougher to convict whomever it is you want prosecuted.  Again, if Trump is deadset on doing this, then the smart play is to shut up about it, get elected, and then bring the hammer down.  But he just can't bring himself to do that because he can't keep his mouth shut when he needs to do so.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2023, 03:40:05 pm »

And that's why he has to go.  He has twisted the core of what it means to be a believer in a republican form of government by making it all about himself, and too may have bought into that. Like I've said before, I don't think Trump would ever try to become a dictator/King on his own.  But he also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would turn it down if offered.

One way or another, no matter how you slice it, , wishing for a king, not to mention an emperor, is not in the conservative guidebook.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2023, 04:01:45 pm »

That's what happens with a cult of personality.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2023, 04:20:45 pm »
I'd rather he spoke softly and carried a big stick then the opposite, you know what I mean?

I was just thinking of that quote the other day.

It’s rather funny when you think how bombastic Teddy was.  But, I guess he didn’t go around publicly insulting people of all stripes.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2023, 05:15:59 pm »
@DCPatriot

I said this near the top of the thread precisely because I knew one of you guys would take that approach.

Trump shooting off his mouth as you advocate not only makes it less likely he can get elected and do what you want him to do, but also might create legal hurdles that would make it tougher to convict whomever it is you want prosecuted.  Again, if Trump is deadset on doing this, then the smart play is to shut up about it, get elected, and then bring the hammer down.  But he just can't bring himself to do that because he can't keep his mouth shut when he needs to do so.

@Maj. Bill Martin

It won't happen because it takes more than twenty bleeping years to execute somebody sentenced to death.

Some "sanctimonious" slob will come along and "PARDON" them...calling it a healing process.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2023, 05:45:13 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

It won't happen because it takes more than twenty bleeping years to execute somebody sentenced to death.

Some "sanctimonious" slob will come along and "PARDON" them...calling it a healing process.

No, it won't happen because there is no law authorizing the death penalty for this in the first place.

Anyway, the larger point is that Trump threatening to prosecute all these people is just dumb.  That's what surrogates are for.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 05:46:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2023, 05:48:43 pm »

If it isn't going to happen, then it is stupid to threaten it.

???

Then you should change your moniker, sir!

Peace thru Strength...do that again and I'm going to kick your azz...FAFO, etc..   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2023, 05:56:28 pm »
Cults of personality run deep, and are notoriously immune to actual fact.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2023, 05:58:27 pm »
???

Peace thru Strength...do that again and I'm going to kick your azz...FAFO, etc..   :laugh:

The point is that it is a statement that is designed to gin up his followers, and nothing else. He won't  REALLY prosecute sh*t... as proven in his first ascent: No swamps drained at all...

Now, if he was serious, he'd step down right now and tear into them in court.It would take him years to do it, but he could get a stab at several of em, and maybe knock a few over...

But that's not what he's doing.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2023, 06:00:12 pm »
???

And when they call your bluff and you don't kick their ass, you look like a chump.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2023, 06:04:04 pm »
And when they call your bluff and you don't kick their ass, you look like a chump.

Tell us one nation that didn't take Pres. Trump's words seriously during his term.

He was a "chump" only between your ears.

Offline DB

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2023, 06:56:36 pm »
Vote for me! I'll lock up your enemies!

That's the ticket... The ticket to a banana republic...

Vowing to hold your enemies accountable to the law is something else - and not what Trump said.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2023, 06:57:47 pm »
Vote for me! I'll lock up your enemies!

That's the ticket... The ticket to a banana republic...

Vowing to hold your enemies accountable to the law is something else - and not what Trump said.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2023, 07:38:24 pm »
Tell us one nation that didn't take Pres. Trump's words seriously during his term.

Huh?  I said nothing about foreign relations.

This has to do with threats he is making against political opponents that you just said he can't carry out.

Not sure where that tangent came from.