Author Topic: Trump vows he’ll lock people up if he returns to the White House  (Read 2221 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump vows he’ll lock people up if he returns to the White House
August 30, 2023 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

In an interview with TheBlaze host Glenn Beck, former President Trump intimated that when he is reelected president and returns to the White House, he’ll have no choice but to lock people up.

The interview took place on Tuesday and Beck bluntly asked Trump if he regretted not having former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton locked up. TheBlaze founder also asked the former president if he would go after those on the Left who are violating the law and are persecuting conservatives once he is reelected.

“You said in 2016, you know, ‘lock her up.’ And then when you became president, you said, ‘We don’t do that in America.’ That’s just not the right thing to do. That’s what they’re doing. Do you regret not locking her up? And if you’re president again, will you lock people up?” Beck asked the former president now that he’s been indicted four times.

“Well, I’ll give you an example. Uh, the answer is you have no choice because they’re doing it to us,” Trump responded, indicating he would be forced to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lywHT5uH71M&ab_channel=GlennBeck

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/08/30/trump-vows-hell-lock-people-up-if-he-returns-to-the-white-house-1391469/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Trump vows he’ll lock people up if he returns to the White House
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 01:51:42 pm »
Good luck with all that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 02:00:57 pm »
Ain’t gonna happen.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 02:05:23 pm »
Won't happen.  Just another "promise" that he will conveniently forget about immediately should he be elected.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 02:14:32 pm »
He promised this in 2016....never happened.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2023, 02:20:20 pm »
IF he is seated, he's not going to be able to do squat unless he is able to clean up the DOJ which he didn't do while he was president.

IMHO Trump will never be seated again, the leftists are going to make sure of that.  His threats do him no good. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023, 02:28:14 pm »
Stupid thing to say.

Polls show that a majority of Americans believe these prosecutions are politicized.  Most Americans don't want to see it, but it is being driven by the Democratic left.  It's an issue likely to hurt them among swing voters.

Promising the same if he gets in office gives that issue right back to the Democrats, who undoubtedly will run on a "if Trump gets in all he's going to want is to take revenge and this will never end."

But it is classic Trump.  He's doing what will enthuse the core voters who are going to vote for him anyway, while losing swing voters.

And before any Trump supporters come after me for saying "they shouldn't be able to get away with this", I'm not saying that he shouldn't go after corrupt Democrats.  I saying that promising that publicly before the election is stupid.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023, 02:30:03 pm »
Stupid thing to say.

Polls show that a majority of Americans believe these prosecutions are politicized.  Most Americans don't want to see it, but it is being driven by the Democratic left.  It's an issue likely to hurt them among swing voters.

Promising the same if he gets in office gives that issue right back to the Democrats, who undoubtedly will run on a "if Trump gets in all he's going to want is to take revenge and this will never end."

But it is classic Trump.  He's doing what will enthuse the core voters who are going to vote for him anyway, while losing swing voters.

And before any Trump supporters come after me for saying "they shouldn't be able to get away with this", I'm not saying that he shouldn't go after corrupt Democrats.  I saying that promising that publicly before the election is stupid.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2023, 02:35:10 pm »
Stupid thing to say.

Yes -- it was a stupid thing for Trump to say. It's not the first time he's opened his mouth and said something stupid. He never knows when to keep his mouth shut.  I don't think he's capable of doing that anymore.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2023, 02:41:55 pm »
Yes -- it was a stupid thing for Trump to say. It's not the first time he's opened his mouth and said something stupid. He never knows when to keep his mouth shut.  I don't think he's capable of doing that anymore.

Of course we will hear this ad nauseam at every rally up until the election..
Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2023, 02:54:40 pm »

Red meat for the gang.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 03:08:23 pm »
Stupid thing to say.

Exactly right. The problem is that his "core voters" do not recognize that Trump needs to attract - and cannot win without - swing voters.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2023, 03:09:48 pm »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2023, 03:25:45 pm »

It has gotten to the point that I just don't care what he has to say anymore.  He's lost all credibility.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2023, 03:34:49 pm »

Well, it's better than, "She's suffered enough!"   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2023, 03:48:23 pm »

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2023, 03:55:47 pm »
He would be forced to do it because commie Dems are doing it to him.

Yup, that is just retribution.  Not justice.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2023, 04:28:08 pm »
It has gotten to the point that I just don't care what he has to say anymore.  He's lost all credibility.

There is still the entertainment and shock value of what he says, even if he is isn't capable of follow-through.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2023, 05:43:13 pm »
He would be forced to do it because commie Dems are doing it to him.

Yup, that is just retribution.  Not justice.

That is something leaders from countries like Russia would do.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2023, 05:49:45 pm »

That is something leaders from countries like Russia would do.

Okay, 'Neville'....    *****rollingeyes*****   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2023, 09:03:09 pm »
There is still the entertainment and shock value of what he says, even if he is isn't capable of follow-through.

Provided he does not take other Republican candidates down with him in 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2023, 09:17:47 pm »
Okay, 'Neville'....    *****rollingeyes*****   :laugh:

So, not lashing out childishly and trying to take down opponents is caving to dictators….
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2023, 09:27:52 pm »
So, not lashing out childishly and trying to take down opponents is caving to dictators….

No...incredibly, you STILL want to play the 'Gentleman'...the 'Adult', thinking today's voter will be won over.

He was fraudulently impeached TWICE where today's evidence shows he was telling the truth all along...it was a Black Op conducted by the Obama DOJ and Intelligence community...with Hillary Clinton as co-conspirator.

No sir. 

I wish they built the gallows on the White House South Lawn and President Trump gives a thumbs down from the balcony...

I want Comey, Brennan, Barack and Big Mike..Peter Strzok, Lisa Paige and Joe Biden to take those "13 steps" and swing.  During Cherry Blossom Festival.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2023, 10:45:15 pm »
The voice of reason, no doubt. [/sarc]

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2023, 10:47:13 pm »
No...incredibly, you STILL want to play the 'Gentleman'...the 'Adult', thinking today's voter will be won over.

He was fraudulently impeached TWICE where today's evidence shows he was telling the truth all along...it was a Black Op conducted by the Obama DOJ and Intelligence community...with Hillary Clinton as co-conspirator.

No sir. 

I wish they built the gallows on the White House South Lawn and President Trump gives a thumbs down from the balcony...

I want Comey, Brennan, Barack and Big Mike..Peter Strzok, Lisa Paige and Joe Biden to take those "13 steps" and swing.  During Cherry Blossom Festival.

@DCPatriot

All of which is coming to you in fitful and erotic dreams.
Reality is nothing of the kind.

Your emperor will do no such thing.