Author Topic: Women charged with smuggling fentanyl in body cavities  (Read 175 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Women charged with smuggling fentanyl in body cavities
« on: August 30, 2023, 12:53:20 pm »
Women charged with smuggling fentanyl in body cavities
One of the pedestrian inspection areas at El Paso ports of entry.

CBP officers detained female carriers on consecutive days at pedestrian lanes of El Paso's Ysleta port of entry

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Aug 28, 2023 / 01:23 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 28, 2023 / 01:23 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Two women face multiple federal charges after allegedly trying to smuggle fentanyl from Mexico inside their bodies through the pedestrian lanes of El Paso’s Ysleta port of entry.

One indictment returned last week charges Angelysse Swink Gonzalez with the importation of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.

Gonzalez on Aug. 5 stated at the port of entry she was returning from visiting her grandmother on her birthday in Juarez, Mexico, but had no identification on her, court records show. She showed a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer a photo in her cellphone of a state identification card.

The officer noticed during the interview that Gonzalez appeared to be wearing a thick undergarment under her legging jeans. The officer sent her to a secondary inspection area where a female officer conducted a pat down and asked her to squat.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/women-charged-with-smuggling-fentanyl-in-body-cavities/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson