Author Topic: Trump open to Vivek Ramaswamy as vice president  (Read 715 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump open to Vivek Ramaswamy as vice president
« on: August 30, 2023, 12:07:57 am »
Trump open to Vivek Ramaswamy as vice president
Sophia Cai

Former President Trump showered Vivek Ramaswamy with praise when asked in an interview if he'd considered the 38-year-old biotech entrepreneur for vice president.

Why it matters: It's the most Trump has weighed in on Ramaswamy's presidential candidacy, revealing his openness to a significantly younger and arguably more radical anti-Washington unknown.

Driving the news: Trump called Ramaswamy "smart" and "young" and "full of talent" when asked by conservative talk show host Glenn Beck what he thinks of a "Vice President Ramaswamy."

"He's a very, very, very intelligent person. He's got good energy, and he could be some form of something," Trump said of Ramaswamy. "I tell you, I think he'd be very good."
    The exchange came less than a week after the first GOP debate, which Trump sat out but promised to watch for potential vice presidential picks.

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/08/29/trump-vivek-ramaswamy-vice-president

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Re: Trump open to Vivek Ramaswamy as vice president
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 12:10:58 am »
Of course.  *****rollingeyes*****

After all the post-debate scuttlebutt that he is like Trump, of course.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 01:02:20 am »
   Trump will appoint MTG or Kari Lake IMHO, he needs the Woman Vote. 
   It's all Academic cause he'll f**k it all up anyway.  He'll announce this coming June he's gonna run for Pestident in the newly formed MAGA Party, electing Newsome, like Perot did Clinton.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 04:00:37 am »
That was obvious when Vivek called Trump the greatest President of the century  and mirrors the "let Russia have Ukraine" policy of Trump.   Vivek was pandering to the Trumpers, it was obvious.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 04:25:45 am »
It’s not pandering if that is what he believes. I wouldn’t vote for Ramaswamy for President, but I think he would be a good VP pick.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2023, 04:42:50 pm »
Well, that would be another reason not to vote for Trump.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023, 05:26:28 pm »
It’s not pandering if that is what he believes. I wouldn’t vote for Ramaswamy for President, but I think he would be a good VP pick.

Considering Trump age., and the fact that Ramsy's parents are not US citizens -- even if I were open to voting for Trump, having Ramsy as a VP would prevent me for voting for him.

Ramsy is another O'Bammy 2.0 and a Soros plant.  Mark my words. 

I watched him in the debates closely.  He's slick (or so he thinks), acts like he's above everyone else and would be perfect for a chewing gum commercial.  His narcissism was on full display.  No thanks.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023, 07:11:54 pm »
Funny...while watching the debate the thought crossed my mind that Trump would love this guy, lol.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2023, 07:53:23 pm »
See also this thread: https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,510475.msg2892780.html#msg2892780

Why people are "piling on" Vivek. (Hint: 'cuz he's a phony).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2023, 07:57:29 pm »
Vivek does not fit the profile, and nor do Christie, DeSantis, or Haley.  Donald is too insecure to choose anyone who could pull attention away from himself.  Mike Pence was well suited for the position, if anyone was.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 08:38:07 pm »
Vivek does not fit the profile, and nor do Christie, DeSantis, or Haley.  Donald is too insecure to choose anyone who could pull attention away from himself.  Mike Pence was well suited for the position, if anyone was.

I think he may pick either Rick Scott (former governor of FL) or Tim Scott.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2023, 09:23:26 pm »
   Trump will appoint MTG or Kari Lake IMHO, he needs the Woman Vote. 
   It's all Academic cause he'll f**k it all up anyway.  He'll announce this coming June he's gonna run for Pestident in the newly formed MAGA Party, electing Newsome, like Perot did Clinton.

And he’ll STILL insist it was fraud everywhere, because, you know, he’s the most popular president EVER, EVER!
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.