Author Topic: CARRIER STRIKE GROUPS SHOULD BE READY TO GO DARK IN CONFLICT  (Read 253 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CARRIER STRIKE GROUPS SHOULD BE READY TO GO DARK IN CONFLICT
« on: August 29, 2023, 06:09:07 pm »
CARRIER STRIKE GROUPS SHOULD BE READY TO GO DARK IN CONFLICT
NICK DANBYAUGUST 29, 2023

The multiple “Taiwan war” games now being fought at think tanks and universities across the United States share something in common: A Chinese missile strike on a U.S. aircraft carrier during the war’s opening volleys. For the adversary team, it is common to continue targeting U.S. carriers throughout conflict. But how long can the strike group evade one of China’s far-reaching Dongfeng anti-ship ballistic missiles? And even if the carrier dodges a DF-26 anti-ship ballistic missile (with an estimated range of 2,200 nautical miles), what can the carrier strike group offensively bring to the fight?

The short answer? Not much.

During multiple iterations of a 2022 Center for Strategic and International Studies war game, at least two U.S. aircraft carriers were sunk and their air wings destroyed. If a carrier somehow managed to flee the second island chain unscathed from the war’s initial salvos, it would have to continue operating (or hiding) outside the second island chain until U.S. submarines and bombers cleared out China’s “carrier-killer” platforms.

https://warontherocks.com/2023/08/carrier-strike-groups-should-be-ready-to-go-dark-in-conflict/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: CARRIER STRIKE GROUPS SHOULD BE READY TO GO DARK IN CONFLICT
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 06:13:41 pm »
How important is a dark out?  One time in war games off the coast of Mejifornia, we got "bombed" by the enemy.  It was lights out on the ship.  How did the pilot spot us?  He later said he saw someone light a cigarette.  He was at 24,000 feet and that little light exposed us. There aren't many sea creatures that light up like that.OMGGGGGGG
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 06:14:34 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 06:38:17 pm »
Western chaos is a Chi-com advantage.

1.)  The Chi-coms won't have to strike anybody if their agents take control of Taiwan's government, and request Chi-com assistance to restore peace and order.

2.)  If I were the Chi-coms, my first target in a strategic conflict with the United States would be against American satellites.

3.)  My second target would be sabotage of US energy and communications infrastructure.

4.)  I'd have the North Koreans open a second front against South Korea.

5.)  I'd have agents in the Philippines instigate civil unrest.

6.)  I'd have Chi-com agents in Australia and New Zealand engage in sabotage.

7.)  I'd have a ship blow up in the Panama Canal to obstruct it.

8.)  I'd have agents creates unrest and commit sabotage in Japan.

9.)  With any luck, Russian and Belorussian will simultaneously act against Eastern European NATO allies, covertly or advertantly.

10.)  More luck, I'd be able to start all this as Guam was being hit with a tropical cyclone.

Strike in the Western Pacific, on multiple fronts, much like the Japanese did in 1941/1942.

Any move against Taiwan will require the Chi-coms to degrade the capabilities of America and its allies in the entire Western Pacific theater, possibly globally.

China has an espionage and sabotage advantage because it has agents on the ground in Canada, America, Australia, Taiwan, the Philippines, and New Zealand.

American intelligence has become over-dependent upon electronics.

The Chi-coms will be able to focus their military resources against Taiwan as the West scrambles to regain its footing with degraded military capability, civil unrest, sabotage, and multiple allies under simultaneous attack.

Remember, a Communist autocrat will operate using a value system different from that of the West.  Casualties are not a concern.  Losses and damage are not a concern.  Economic cost is not a concern.  The only concern is absolute victory at all and any costs.

////00000////

Enjoy your cheap iPhones and Fentalnyl, you decadent Yankee Capitalist Dogs.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 06:43:52 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 07:01:45 pm »
Another Commie Klassic would be to deploy Chi-com forces in Taiwan as "first responders" to provide "humanitarian aid" in the wake of a natural disaster.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright