Author Topic: Russian Harassment of US Drones over Syria Drops After F-35s Arrive in the Middle East  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russian Harassment of US Drones over Syria Drops After F-35s Arrive in the Middle East
Aug. 28, 2023 | By Chris Gordon

After a series of incidents in the skies over Syria, Russian pilots appear to have become less aggressive toward U.S. forces following the arrival of F-35 stealth multirole fighters to the Middle East, according to U.S. officials.

Originally tasked to deter Iranian attacks on commercial vessels in the Arabian Gulf, the F-35s have added capacity and capability throughout the region.

“We’re flying them in a number of different areas,” a senior U.S. defense official told Air & Space Forces Magazine of the F-35. “We are flying them on missions up in Syria” and around the Arabian Gulf.

Those missions seem to be having an effect on Russian behavior, at least for now.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/f-35s-russia-backs-off-syria/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson