Author Topic: Migrant deaths between San Diego and Tijuana are up  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant deaths between San Diego and Tijuana are up
« on: August 29, 2023, 05:35:58 pm »
Migrant deaths between San Diego and Tijuana are up
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Aug 28, 2023 / 05:28 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 28, 2023 / 05:28 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — The number of migrant deaths along the Tijuana-San Diego border this year is just one shy of what it was for all of 2022 as more migrants are choosing to take dangerous routes into the U.S., the Mexican National Institute of Migration said.

David Pérez Tejada, director of the institute, said 38 migrants have died already this year while attempting to cross the border unlawfully in the San Diego Sector.

He added that in all of last year, the figure was 39.

“They cross in the ocean, deserts and mountains. It’s very risky for families and individuals because they could drown, fall and suffer serious injuries, which happen in many cases,” he said.

A spokesperson with U.S. Customs and Border Protection says their figures show the number of migrant deaths so far this year is 35.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/migrant-deaths-between-san-diego-and-tijuana-are-up/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson