Author Topic: Suarez suspends 2024 campaign, first Republican presidential candidate to drop out of nomination rac  (Read 206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Suarez suspends 2024 campaign, first Republican presidential candidate to drop out of nomination race

Suarez didn't make the stage at the first Republican presidential nomination debate, a Fox News hosted showdown Wednesday in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

By Paul Steinhauser Fox News
Published August 29, 2023 1:11pm EDT

Mayor Francis Suarez of Miami, Florida on Tuesday suspended his White House campaign, a week after he failed to qualify for the first Republican presidential nomination debate.

Suarez, the only major Latino contender for the GOP nomination, is the first Republican presidential candidate to drop out of the 2024 race.

"I have decided to suspend my campaign for President," Suarez said in a statement. But he emphasized that "my commitment to making this a better nation for every American remains."

Suarez stressed in his statement that he "will continue to amplify the voices of the Hispanic community — the fastest-growing voting group in our country. The Left has taken Hispanics for granted for far too long, and it is no surprise that so many are finding a home in America’s conservative movement. Our party must continue doing more to include and attract this vibrant community that believes in our country’s foundational values: faith, family, hard work and freedom. Younger voters, Independents, urban voters and suburban women- all of whom I've carried in previous elections — among others, should find a comfortable home in the GOP and its policies."

The mayor, who launched his long-shot presidential nomination bid in June, was one of the last candidates to enter the race.

He was one of a handful of candidates who didn't make the stage at Wednesday's debate, a Fox News hosted showdown in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/suarez-suspends-2024-campaign-first-republican-presidential-candidate-drop-out-nomination-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Good -- he didn't make it into the debate -- time to drop out.

My next guess is Hutchison, Burgum and Hurd.

I am still hopeful that Noem and Youngkin will enter the race -- time is quickly running out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.