Author Topic: Award Shows Aren't for You, Conservatives  (Read 355 times)

Offline Kamaji

Award Shows Aren't for You, Conservatives
« on: August 30, 2023, 11:51:09 am »
Award Shows Aren't for You, Conservatives

BY MEGAN FOX
AUGUST 29, 2023

There’s a whole outrage going on right now about Dylan Mulvaney winning a Streamy award for best breakout creator. Everyone is mad. I was tagged in a post on Twitter/X about it, asking how I feel as a content creator watching Mulvaney snag this award.

https://twitter.com/streamys/status/1696008705538773328

Here’s the honest truth: I feel nothing.

I have never been under the false impression that I would gain anything from the work I put into Big Tech-owned platforms. All I get is punished. My YouTube channel, after amassing 20k subscribers, got demonetized for “harassment” because I criticized the wrong protected group. The Dylan Mulvaneys own the culture right now and there is no getting around it. You will applaud Mulvaney or you will be punished.

But beyond that, something that independent thinkers need to understand about award shows is that they are developed and handed out by people who are pushing “the narrative” (whatever that narrative is right now). You and me and people who think like us will never be handed one of these awards. The awards are given for pushing that narrative. Narrative breakers will be kept out of these awards for all of time.

I have said for years that if conservative creators want awards, they’re going to have to make them up themselves. That’s what the left did. Hollywood just invented the Grammys and the Oscars. All it takes is getting a committee together and declaring an award into existence. Why doesn’t Conservative Inc. do this? I can tell you that it’s mostly because of jealousy. Conservative creators don’t like one another enough to invest in a process that would prop up their competitors. They don’t work together, they don’t elevate one another, and they have no intention of helping a fellow creator get more famous than them.

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/columns/megan-fox/2023/08/29/award-shows-arent-for-you-conservatives-n1722997

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Award Shows Aren't for You, Conservatives
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 04:10:22 pm »
Let him have it.

It always amused me how there seem to be a thousand award shows these days yet you look at the ratings and they keep going down. Nobody wants or cares about these awards.  And that's especially true of an awards show for "content creators" and influencers. Is there anyone outside of the actual winners (and even in their case it's doubtful) that is actually impressed by a Streamy award? The role of an influencer is insufferable and annoying. To the average adult American, a Steamy Pantload award carries equal prestige.

I mean, Dylan Mulvaney singlehandedly crashed the reputation of America's best selling beer brand so that's worth something, right?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 05:19:05 pm »
Award shows are mutual admiration society masturbation.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 08:09:50 pm »
Award shows are mutual admiration society masturbation.
Seriously. Who cares?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 08:11:08 pm »
So what's new?  I have not seen any kind of "awards show" since the 1990's, and precious few before that.  They always sucked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: