Author Topic: Oregon police execute shoplifting sting as theft projected to soar past $110 billion by 2025  (Read 325 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oregon police execute shoplifting sting as theft projected to soar past $110 billion by 2025
Police in Oregon arrested 11 people during a sting as the national shoplifting crisis continues to tear holes in retailers' budgets

By Chris Eberhart FOXBusiness

Police in Oregon arrested 11 suspects in a shoplifting sting this week.

Stores across the country lost billions in retail theft last year, according to research by Capitol One Shopping Research.

Local shoplifting is typically accompanied by relatively low-level criminal offenses and not tied to national headlines, but it's a retailer's death by a thousand paper cuts and emblematic of a significant issue plaguing brick-and-mortar retail stores from mom-and-pop shops to giants like Walmart and Target.

Stores lost an estimated $86.6 billion to retail theft in 2022, and projections indicate that in 2025, the amount may reach $115 billion, according to Capitol One Shopping Research.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fox-news-story/oregon-police-execute-shoplifting-sting-theft-projected-soar-past-110-billion-2025
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The real crime for state and local governments ... the loss of sales tax revenue.

////00000////

It's one thing to steal, it's another to threaten Government's tax revenue streams.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

Quote from: the article
Stores lost an estimated $86.6 billion to retail theft in 2022, and projections indicate that in 2025, the amount may reach $115 billion, according to Capitol One Shopping Research.

Isn't  That odd... No mention at all about police restrained from enforcing laws, and Soros funded liberal DAs bumping perps right back on the street creating a criminal nirvana...

I wonder why not??

Doesn't matter. Shithole cities have vendors leaving in droves because of crime and lax enforcement... Perhaps this is evidence that the wyrm has turned...