General Category > Weather

Florida prepares for Tropical Storm Idalia to make landfall on Gulf Coast with lessons learned from

<< < (9/10) > >>

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: libertybele on August 30, 2023, 02:32:26 pm ---Yay for the blue skies!! :beer:

We have gusts of wind with some rain and spots of sunshine. We're good.

--- End quote ---

:beer:

My BIL lives In Wesley Chapel (North of Tampa)  Haven't heard from him yet.  I assume his place survived cuz he hasn't called looking for a place to stay!  LOL

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on August 30, 2023, 02:35:14 pm --- :beer:

My BIL lives In Wesly Chapple (North of Tampa)  Haven't heard from him yet.  I assume his place survived cuz he hasn't called looking for a place to stay!  LOL

--- End quote ---

Yikes.  Prayers up for him. 

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: libertybele on August 30, 2023, 02:32:26 pm ---Yay for the blue skies!! :beer:

We have gusts of wind with some rain and spots of sunshine. We're good.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update...is it over for you?

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: DB on August 30, 2023, 02:31:41 pm ---The ocean tides are caused by gravitational forces from the moon. When the moon is overhead it causes the tide to rise. So if the storm and the moon are both present at the same time the tide is higher than it otherwise would have been doing more damage from water going inland. This description is not complete but the overall gist of it.

--- End quote ---
Also this full moon is occurring at perigee, I'm not sure how that will add.

GtHawk:
Prayers for all our Briefers and their families that are affected by the hurricane...everyone else too, even the democrats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version