Author Topic: Unarmed social workers hired to respond to 911 calls in Seattle  (Read 715 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Aug 25, 2023
Unarmed social workers hired to respond to 911 calls in Seattle

While the council meeting was proceeding to defund the police and replace officers with social workers, a social worker was stabbed to death by her homeless client.

Katie Daviscourt and Ari Hoffman
Seattle WA
Aug 25, 2023
4 Minute Read

Social workers could soon be responding to 911 calls in Seattle instead of police officers thanks to efforts of the anti-cop Seattle City Council.

Councilmember Lisa Hebold, who led the effort to defund the city’s police department in 2020, said during an interview on Friday that the city is beginning to hire six unarmed "crisis responders" instead of police officers for emergency calls through a new 911 Dual Dispatch/Alternate Crisis Response pilot program for an "alternate response team."

Earlier this month, the program received $1.6 million as part of the midyear supplemental budget.

Herbold said, "Usually I’m complaining about how delayed we are and how frustrated I am that we’re not meeting our benchmarks for developing this program. But today I’m really, really happy to report that the city is hiring for the six positions for its first pilot alternate response team. It’s going to be a way for 911 operators to dispatch calls to somebody other than police, somebody other than fire, a crisis responder who is unarmed.”

https://thepostmillennial.com/unarmed-social-workers-hired-to-respond-to-911-calls-in-seattle
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Unarmed social workers hired to respond to 911 calls in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 07:43:01 pm »
Wouldn't it have been better if they had hired illegal aliens for the police force? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 08:00:23 pm »
Do they wear full body armor?

Do they get big death benefits?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 08:16:42 pm »
This is all good. I want Seattle to follow Portland right down the toilet. And it will happen.
In a few years the only people living in these shithole cities will be illegals, bums, and a handful of Liberals cheering them on.
All the businesses will be gone. All the contributing working people will be gone.
We will have dozens of Detroits all over the country. But the Liberals do not care as long as they have power.
The Democrat core motto - "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heav'n." - Paradise Lost - First book - line 263
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 08:55:08 pm »
This is all good. I want Seattle to follow Portland right down the toilet. And it will happen.
In a few years the only people living in these shithole cities will be illegals, bums, and a handful of Liberals cheering them on.
All the businesses will be gone. All the contributing working people will be gone.
We will have dozens of Detroits all over the country. But the Liberals do not care as long as they have power.
The Democrat core motto - "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heav'n." - Paradise Lost - First book - line 263

Some part of Miami are much worse than Detroit.  We'll have pockets of cesspools all over the country -- filled with ILLEGALS and terrorists. 

Will LEGAL Americans soon be outnumbered??? Our entire country is slowly going down the sewer pipes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 09:51:15 pm »
Councilmember Lisa Hebold, who led the effort to defund the city’s police department in 2020, said during an interview on Friday that the city is beginning to hire six unarmed "crisis responders" instead of police officers for emergency calls through a new 911 Dual Dispatch/Alternate Crisis Response pilot program for an "alternate response team."

That right there is some funny stuff,I don't care WHO  you are.

Anybody stupid enough to volunteer for that team is too stupid to be a police officer.

Unless,of course,it is someone looking to get hurt so they can  sue  the city for damages.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 01:29:59 am »
This could be useful, but only if the 911 dispatchers have extra training to be able to tell the difference between a call about a crazy person who is far more likely to be a danger to himself than to others (send the social worker) and a person who is a danger to others (send a cop).

The little heralded death of Tony Timpa, who was never accused of a crime, who, in fact, called for police to come to prevent him from doing something crazy because he thought some drugs he took were bad, and who, like George Floyd, suffocated under a policeman's knee, wouldn't have happened if Dallas had a program like Seattle is instituting and had sent a social worker.  (Didn't hear about him in the media?  Well, Tony was white, so a cop killing him didn't matter to the biens pensants who decide what's news worthy of being printed or broadcast.)

Of course, better still would be giving all cops the kind of de-escalation training MPs get, rather than training them to regard everyone they meet as a threat (which is how they are now trained).  (Just one way the police should be more like the military -- not being allowed to unionize, having rules of engagement as restrictive as those we give soliders in counter-insurgency theaters, having as severe of punishments for killing innocents by breaching the rules of engagement, and, if not as a matter of law, as a matter of custom, making dismissal for cause from a policing job as black a blot as a dishonorable discharge from the military, would also help.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 02:04:13 am »
George Floyd didn't die of suffocation under a policeman's knee. He ODed on drugs, primarily fentanyl, and would have died knee or no knee. He had what was considered 3 times the lethal dose in his blood along with a number of other drugs. The foaming at the mouth is a classic sign of too much fentanyl. They called for medical help when they removed him from the car at his request. There was no bruising on the neck or any other indication of damaged caused by the knee. He was a very large guy and the cops were not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023, 02:29:59 am »
George Floyd didn't die of suffocation under a policeman's knee. He ODed on drugs, primarily fentanyl, and would have died knee or no knee. He had what was considered 3 times the lethal dose in his blood along with a number of other drugs. The foaming at the mouth is a classic sign of too much fentanyl. They called for medical help when they removed him from the car at his request. There was no bruising on the neck or any other indication of damaged caused by the knee. He was a very large guy and the cops were not.

I can guarantee you are right, by experience. I have had occasion to be under a cop's knee a time or two, And in that condition, I never have had any trouble breathing... He can make you scream like a little girl if he bears down, but he'll do that just to let you know he can, and then let up and leave you be so long as you remain passive.

If he bears down, I think he would break your neck long before any breathing problems.

That said, Floyd may well have been suffering breathing problems caused by the fentanyl, but the 'holding' pattern, waiting for the ambulance was just about textbook.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 06:25:13 pm »
Its all part of the democrat plan for an American Stasi force.  They'll announce it when things get bad enough in these democrat strongholds.  Unfortunately, they'll make it mandatory for all states, high crime or not.  In other words, a national police force. ****slapping
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 06:26:23 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 06:47:09 pm »
Its all part of the democrat plan for an American Stasi force.  They'll announce it when things get bad enough in these democrat strongholds.  Unfortunately, they'll make it mandatory for all states, high crime or not.  In other words, a national police force. ****slapping

Not so easy... many states will not go for that - and counties, even in blue states will not easily stand down.