Author Topic: Will alarmists and skeptics ever agree on the causes of climate change?  (Read 370 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will alarmists and skeptics ever agree on the causes of climate change?

By Ap Cloosterman.

There are gases in our atmosphere, which make life difficult for us, but on the other hand are necessary for the growth and flowering of plant, animal and human life as well as for our well-being, such as:

Nitrogen (nitrogen oxides NOx and ammonia NH3)
Carbon dioxide (CO2)
Methane (CH4)
Methane has been chosen as the subject of this article. Methane as a greenhouse gas

Figure 1.

Methane CH4: C = carbon and H = hydrogen

Methane is a colorless gas that is the main component of natural gas. As a greenhouse gas, methane is about 25 to 34 times stronger than CO₂. Methane is produced naturally by bacteria in the decomposition of dead plants and animals. Methane mainly arises in wet natural areas such as marshes and peat bogs, but is also produced in our intestines, for example.

The methane content in our atmosphere is rising. See: figure 2.

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/08/worden-alarmisten-en-sceptici-het-ooit-eens-over-de-oorzaken-van-klimaatverandering/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Will alarmists and skeptics ever agree on the causes of climate change?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 05:32:05 am »
No. Assuming "Climate Change" is meant to be Anthropomorphic in nature as expressed in this argument, that won't happen.

There are people looking to blame people for the natural processes that have been at work on this planet since the beginning.

Others believe, (imho, with good reason), that any human contribution to those processes is so negligible as to be essentially unmeasureable.
Sure, we can make the air icky in certain geographies, if we try really, really hard. But on the planetary scale, even those minuscule overall (global) deviations from what might have been without those contributions pales in comparison to the changes which have occurred naturally without the benefit of any human input.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Will alarmists and skeptics ever agree on the causes of climate change?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 09:29:01 pm »
No.
Next question ...?