Author Topic: Fall 2023 / Winter 2024 Football Thread  (Read 8911 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Fall 2023 / Winter 2024 Football Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2024, 04:31:56 am »
NFL playoffs are now set.

AFC
1. Baltimore bye
7. Pittsburgh @ 2. Buffalo
6. Miami @ 3. Kansas City
5. Cleveland @ 4. Houston

NFC
1. San Francisco bye
7. Green Bay @ 2. Dallas
6. Los Angeles @ 3. Detroit
5. Philadelphia @ 4. Tampa Bay
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2024, 09:34:20 am »
NFL playoffs are now set.

AFC
1. Baltimore bye
7. Pittsburgh @ 2. Buffalo
6. Miami @ 3. Kansas City
5. Cleveland @ 4. Houston

NFC
1. San Francisco bye
7. Green Bay @ 2. Dallas
6. Los Angeles @ 3. Detroit
5. Philadelphia @ 4. Tampa Bay

@jmyrlefuller

How was your BP during the BILLS game?   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2024, 09:41:39 am »

Bills’ Deonte Harty Shares 3-Word Response to Wild Punt Return TD

Deonte Harty had one of the biggest plays of the Buffalo Bills‘ season on Sunday, returning a punt for a franchise-record 96 yards for a game-tying touchdown against the Miami Dolphins.

The big play helped shift momentum toward the Bills after a mistake-filled first half, pushing them to a division-clinching 21-14 win.

But after the game, an exuberant Harty could not tell reporters exactly what happened on the play.

“I blacked out,” Harty said, WKBW’s Matt Bove on X.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-deonte-harty-punt-return-blacked-out/

“I can’t tell you what happened,” Harty said, via The Associated Press. “I’d just seen a crease. I hit it. And the next thing you know, I was free.”

Harty’s punt return gave the Bills an important spark. The team held the Dolphins on the next possession then took the lead on an Allen touchdown pass to tight end Dawson Knox. The defense that held the Dolphins scoreless for the second half then iced the game with a late interception of Tua Tagovailoa.

more at link:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2024, 05:48:35 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

How was your BP during the BILLS game?   :beer:
glad I didn't fall asleep after the third quarter :beer:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2024, 02:37:09 am »
glad I didn't fall asleep after the third quarter :beer:

@jmyrlefuller   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2024, 01:03:56 pm »
Let's see, Vrabel, Bellichick, Carroll, and Saban are among the coaches either fired, retired or leaving their teams by "mutual agreement" (I think the mutuality of it is what makes it an agreement, but I digress). This will be interesting.  :pop41:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2024, 08:52:12 pm »
NFL playoff games should NOT be played in outdoor stadiums when the temperature is ZERO or below!

It's no different than having thoroughbred horses running on unsafe surfaces...it's stupid and a hazard.

Especially when they have changed the game trying to protect players with no helmet-to-helmet contact and other illegal contact.

ENOUGH!!  Postpone the games until the temperature rises.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2024, 08:57:09 pm »
Tell the Packers that...lolololol.

@Jack Russell

Understand you point, but players today earn in 1 year what Bart Starr made his entire career.

Heck...the wide receivers and lineman probably do.

You don't play 18 weeks dealing with players' injuries, etc., to reach the playoffs to have the weather dictate the quality of the sport.

...just an opinion.   :beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2024, 11:18:43 pm »
Texas wife goes viral after creating bingo card for husband's reactions while watching the Cowboys. Sorry to say I could do something similar for my husband's football-watching habits.

https://twitter.com/DallasTexasTV/status/1745620187791962114

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2024, 11:02:24 pm »
Not watching the game, I boycott the NFL.  But.....

Gotta say....Seeing Dallas down 27-7 at  the half is a slight consolation for the ALCS anomalous event last October.

Who'd da tunk?   Texans move on, while Dax gets waxxed.    :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2024, 11:03:52 pm »
Texas wife goes viral after creating bingo card for husband's reactions while watching the Cowboys. Sorry to say I could do something similar for my husband's football-watching habits.

https://twitter.com/DallasTexasTV/status/1745620187791962114

I hope there wasn't a box on the bingo card for jumping out the window.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2024, 12:45:29 am »
Not watching the game, I boycott the NFL.  But.....

Gotta say....Seeing Dallas down 27-7 at  the half is a slight consolation for the ALCS anomalous event last October.

Who'd da tunk?   Texans move on, while Dax gets waxxed.    :silly:

@catfish1957

So...I wake from a 3 hour nap.

Always leave my television "on" for my cat...(Her favorite place is resting in a large fruit bowl on my coffee table)

Walk into the living room and evidently had the NFL Network channel on where I proceed to sit my ass down and watch the LIONS vs RAMS game....almost the entire 2nd half.

My buddy calls me to tell me the Cowboys are getting whipped by the Packers...then I notice the game I'm watching is a REPLAY of the game from 2022.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2024, 06:52:20 pm »
As the 49ers take the week off to see who they'll play next week, we take time to look back at MVP candidate Christian McCaffrey tying AL Bundy's long standing record for touchdowns in a single game earlier this year.

Polk High's all time rushing leader, also known for his sales of women's shoes, congratulated CMC after the game.

"The best piece of advice I could give him is to never get married" said Bundy.

Bundy's record has stood since 1966.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2024, 11:05:31 pm »
Sean Feucht
@seanfeucht
This guy has been an inside linebacker coach for 4 years with little experience. He uses his first press conference as a head coach is to school everyone on racism. Zero gratitude. Zero humility. Good luck Patriots.Get ready to fail, New England.

“I do see color, because I believe if you don’t see color you can’t see racism.” Jerod Mayo on being named the first black head coach in Patriots history.

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1747673488712671456

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2024, 01:44:04 pm »
I see a problem.  Its Mayo.  Krafts DEI hire.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 01:50:12 pm by Wingnut »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2024, 01:44:51 pm »
NBC edited out Houston QB CJ Stroud's praise of Jesus Christ in a post-game interview posted to X. Would they have done the same if he'd said, "Allah akbar"?

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1747460340466458790

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2024, 02:30:03 pm »
I heard him say it "live", so maybe they edited it in the replay.

After the end of the ALDS, our guy Verlander dropped 13 F bombs in the after game interview after winning the series.  I am guessing pretty much all the networks are using 10 second delay when athletes talk now
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 04:13:57 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2024, 04:13:15 pm »
I heard him say it "live", so maybe they edited it in the replay.
I got the impression NBC cut it from subsequent broadcasts and/or whatever they posted online.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2024, 08:40:49 pm »
The "black national anthem" will be played before the Super Bowl this year.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2024, 03:55:34 am »
Kansas City for the win.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2024, 03:57:37 am »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2024, 04:08:59 am »
Team Ruff 72
Team Fluff 69

The only game that mattered today.   No Kelse, No Swift, No woke shit.

That is all.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2024, 01:41:13 pm »
The KC Swifties. Whoop-de-doo.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2024, 08:38:54 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
Chaos has broken out at the end of the Chiefs Super Bowl parade.
Police and military personnel just took off inside of Union Station

https://twitter.com/Pismo_B/status/1757864733951377540