Author Topic: Sarah Palin: Civil War Is ‘Going to Happen’ — ‘We’re Not Going to Keep Putting Up with This’  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The Major asserts:
"To have a real civil war, you need to have clear leadership, ideas, and goals on the group that starts it.  That doesn't exist."

How did such leaders, ideas, and goals arise and coalesce "the first time around"?
Did not much (most) of that come from the "Continental Congress" (both first and second) that the Colonists convened?

Yes, exactly.   So what you'd need to have happen is for the state legislators in those states to vote for some form of Continental Congress to discuss secession/civil war.

So... one more time (even twice in the same thread) I'm going to ask:
Is it time yet to convene a NEW "Heartland Continental Congress"?

Well, the first time you asked it you directed towards two specific posters, so I respected that and didn't answer that.  My answer would be "No, of course it isn't time.  What are ya, nuts?"
I assume you disagree, in which case I'd ask why don't you tweet out your decision to call one, and see how many states vote for what you're advocating.  My guess is that it would be a big fat zero.  Which is exactly why I would say now is not the time - because there isn't anything close to the level of support necessary to succeed.

We have to be realistic about where the sentiment in the country currently lies, what actions would have support, and which ones wouldn't.  Personally, I still think we're in a place where most citizens believe elections are still winnable.  Until that changes, calls for more radical actions have zero chance of success.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 03:40:29 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

If Palin doesn't watch out, she may be indicted in Fulton County, GA.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

If Palin doesn't watch out, she may be indicted in Fulton County, GA.
It doesn't take much.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Palin jumped the shark long ago, and as far as I am concerned is only in Trivia Question territory now.

Fully agree.  Tumpy has nothing to do with a CW.  it has more to do with weaponization of our government toward all conservativves.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.