Author Topic: Here’s Where Republican Presidential Candidates Stand on Abortion  (Read 356 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s Where Republican Presidential Candidates Stand on Abortion

Katherine Hamilton 27 Aug 2023

More than a year after the Supreme Court handed down its Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade, Republican presidential candidates are communicating to voters how they would handle the issue of abortion moving forward.

Among Republicans, how the pro-life movement should proceed is a point of contention. Some view abortion as a “losing issue,” and point to GOP failures in the 2022 midterms, successful pro-abortion ballot initiatives, and the spending power of angry Democrats and the abortion lobby moving into 2024.

Democrats have already indicated they will use what they view as “anti-abortion extremism” as a way to paint their Republican opponents as out-of-step with voters, especially women.

Others, as well as national pro-life organizations, view federal legislation as the next step in a larger plan to limit abortions in the United States, and look at the reelection of pro-life governors and the passage (pre and post-Dobbs) of pro-life legislation in 25 states as evidence of progress to come.

more..long
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/27/heres-where-republican-presidential-candidates-stand-on-abortion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Here’s Where Republican Presidential Candidates Stand on Abortion
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 04:33:18 pm »
This may be a deciding issue for voters.  Abortion was returned back to the states and should be left there.  There should NEVER be a national or federal ruling.  I firmly believe that 15 weeks is much too late - 10 weeks at the maximum.  A woman should realize by then that she is pregnant and needs to make a decision.

BTW I continue to support PreBorn! - many woman that they reach who actually see their baby on an ultrasound choose life!

PreBorn! is a dedicated non-profit, pro-life organization that supports life-affirming Pregnancy Clinics in their mission
to reach women considering abortion, particularly in areas with high abortion rates.

This is achieved through digital marketing strategies that are designed to connect with these women, offering them free
ultrasounds and support, as well as providing Pregnancy Clinics with vital grants for state-of-the-art ultrasound machines, evangelism training, and additional resources. All services provided to expectant mothers within the PreBorn!
Pregnancy Network are offered at no cost, emphasizing our commitment to life.

From January - June of 2023, their impact is evident; 29,134 babies have been saved.  35,788 abortion-mined women have been served.

https://preborn.com/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 04:34:12 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 04:59:00 pm »
I agree @libertbele. This issue should be left to the states.

The only advantage I can see to Federal  intervention from the Pubs to set limits, would be to circumvent the Dems from passing Roe like legislation.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 05:46:44 pm »
And the correct answer is:

The federal government does not have a dog in the hunt! Period!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 06:03:52 pm »
I have a different stance than many, based in whether the government at any level can sanction killing someone without Just Cause or Due Process for a crime... In all other cases, it is the duty of this nation to protect life, as the very first enumerated right.

In that I find a federal and Constitutional cause.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 06:14:06 pm »
And the correct answer is:

The federal government does not have a dog in the hunt! Period!

Agreed. For that matter, the federal government should keep its nose out of a lot of things.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 06:38:38 pm »
Agreed. For that matter, the federal government should keep its nose out of a lot of things.

:amen: Much of what they are currently doing is patently unconstitutional.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien