Author Topic: Haley: We Have to ‘Humanize’ Abortion Issue — We’ve Got to Stop ‘Demonizing’ It  (Read 904 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Haley: We Have to ‘Humanize’ Abortion Issue — We’ve Got to Stop ‘Demonizing’ It

Jeff Poor 25 Aug 2023

Friday, during an appearance on FNC’s “Fox & Friends,” former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, a candidate for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, argued the correct approach to taking on abortion for Republicans was to “humanize” it.

According to the former South Carolina governor, the GOP demonizing it only added to the division in the country.

“Be realistic with the numbers,” “Fox & Friends” co-host Ainsley Earhardt said. “Yes, we don’t have enough votes in the House or in the Senate to abolish this. How did you come up with this answer, and what are you hearing from the voters after that debate?”

“I mean, Ainsley, that’s the answer from my heart,” Haley replied. “You know, I am surrounded by blessings, and God has blessed me with an amazing husband and two wonderful children. But having said that, I think it’s really important that all of us remember everybody has a personal story. So while I’m unapologetically pro-life, I don’t judge anyone for being pro-choice. I think that we have to humanize this issue. We’ve got to stop demonizing this issue.”

“I think the division in this country has gone too far. We have to start looking at the vision going forward. My vision is how do we save as many babies as possible and support as many moms as possible. If that’s the case, be honest with the American people. Tell them what is possible and what’s not possible, and let’s bring people together based on humanity, not based on making people hate each other. And I think it’s happened too long, and I’m just not going to be a part of that. I refuse to be a part of that.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/25/haley-we-have-to-humanize-abortion-issue-weve-got-to-stop-demonizing-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Unprincipled woke wench.

Go tear down some statues and flags Nikki.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think that we have to humanize this issue. We’ve got to stop demonizing this issue.”

If there was the slightest chance of me voting for this woman it is now gone...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Already knew she was from the moderate wing. This only clinches it

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If there was the slightest chance of me voting for this woman it is now gone...

There never was ANY chance of me voting for her!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I thought the issue was already demonized. As for humanized, what about the screams from the womb? How about those humans?

This woman was never on my dance card, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

There never was ANY chance of me voting for her!

Me neither. Never gave it a thought.  :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Me neither. Never gave it a thought.  :beer:

Hell, she is the only candidate I hate worse than Trump.  She was woke before it became fashionable.  (2015)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Politically, she's right.

And I mean not in the sense of not outlawing abortion, but in a "hating the sin and not the sinner sense".  You can outlaw abortion but still set the tone in a way that you're willing to help women who are pregnant and feel like they have no option.  If you demonize every woman who considers having an abortion, you're likely to lose support for outlawing/limiting abortion.  Demonizing the medical fiends who earn their living killing other people's children would be a better way to go.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well I can tell you right now that Kamashamalamadingdong is ticked, because Nikki is way better at emotive word salad than she is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well I can tell you right now that Kamashamalamadingdong is ticked, because Nikki is way better at emotive word salad than she is.

At the risk of offending some of the women here, there are an awful lot of women for whom emotive word salad has some attraction.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I thought abortion was a states' rights issue?  A Federal ban means the right-to-life folks have been bull$h!tt!ng Americans for the past 50 years.  I don't take kindly to being lied to, especially by people purporting to be devout Christians.

////00000////

Making women carry babies conceived by rape, and making women risk death during miscarriage or a failing pregnancy, lines up perfectly with the party that did not want Government-mandated Covid shots.

Keep Big Government out of the Womb.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 09:03:17 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

I thought abortion was a states' rights issue?  A Federal ban means the right-to-life folks have been bull$h!tt!ng Americans for the past 50 years.  I don't take kindly to being lied to, especially by people purporting to be devout Christians.

////00000////

Making women carry babies conceived by rape, and making women risk death during miscarriage or a failing pregnancy, lines up perfectly with the party that did not want Government-mandated Covid shots.

Keep Big Government out of the Womb.

That's up to the states now - and any federal imposition will not stand up in court.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
At the risk of offending some of the women here, there are an awful lot of women for whom emotive word salad has some attraction.

They need to be offended. That emotive 'thinking' combined with social media traps so many women in amber and they just don't see it. Most think it empowers them when it leaves them powerless.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

They need to be offended. That emotive 'thinking' combined with social media traps so many women in amber and they just don't see it. Most think it empowers them when it leaves them powerless.

All feminism ever did was destroy the matriarchy. And a whole lot of people are loath to hear it.

Offline NavyCanDo

She was 100% correct that there will not be enough votes for a Federal ban and it is the 3rd rail of politics that will doom your campaign.   Butbwhen she went on to say we need to humanize the issue she totally lost me. Now that it's been handed back to the States  where laws are easier to change we need to educate and make the next phase of the battle against late term abortions.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well...good luck changing that.

I'm not saying that we should shy away from doing things that are necessary or right just because it might offend some women.  But the point is that how you say something is sometimes just as important as what you're saying.  Tone > Content for some people, especially women.  And considering women are more than half the voters in this country, we might want to take that into account in our messaging if we want to win elections.  That's the goal, right?

Keep the same policies, but just be mindful about the tone/language you're using in terms of how it may impact voters.  Sure, I'd rather everyone was a perfectly rationale voter who I could argue over to my values and priorities, but that's unrealistic.  All we need to do is get their vote, not convince them to think exactly as we do.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Dobbs decision is going to become one of the bigger "mistakes" the Republicans ever made.
(I realize the opinion came from the Supreme Court, and not from the Republican party).

It forever "cuts the Pubbies off" from a significant cohort of the voting population.
Don't see how the Republicans are going to lure them back from the dark side.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The Dobbs decision is going to become one of the bigger "mistakes" the Republicans ever made.
(I realize the opinion came from the Supreme Court, and not from the Republican party).

It forever "cuts the Pubbies off" from a significant cohort of the voting population.
Don't see how the Republicans are going to lure them back from the dark side.

The reality is that the specter of Roe hungover every presidential election ever since it was decided. The Democrats would use that issue to leverage the Supreme Court as being the critical argument in the presidential election.

At least now, if we can get a consensus that it should be handled at the state level, it should stop being an issue in national elections.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I am rather blunt, I know you will all find that hard to believe but it's true, just how the *@!!**! does anyone humanize infanticide? Infanticide by definition is dehumanizing :thud:

To me that's like Nazis sitting around a table saying you know the problem with the gas chambers and the extermination of the Jews? We need to find a way to humanize it.

There is no way to humanize inhuman acts...period!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 12:50:49 am by GtHawk »

Offline DB

Is that "compassionate conservatism"?

Bush is calling...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am rather blunt, I know you will all find that hard to believe but it's true, just how the *@!!**! does anyone humanize infanticide? Infanticide by definition is dehumanizing :thud:

To me that's like Nazis sitting around a table saying you know the problem with the gas chambers and the extermination of the Jews? We need to find a way to humanize it.

There is no way to humanize inhuman acts...period!

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
All feminism ever did was destroy the matriarchy. And a whole lot of people are loath to hear it.
Yep.

And I am still having trouble with "humanizing" the act of slaughtering babies.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yep.

And I am still having trouble with "humanizing" the act of slaughtering babies.  :shrug:

When Yah calls this nation to account, that will be the foremost charge.