Author Topic: DeSantis campaign rakes in more than $1M after first Republican debate  (Read 1290 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: DeSantis campaign rakes in more than $1M after first Republican debate
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2023, 07:06:26 pm »
No need to declare @DCPatriot . I have been declared all the way along. I defend Conservatism.
That leaves but one candidate. If you would like to defend Tumpy as a Conservative, I will happily disabuse you of the notion. But you'll have to give me a little time between replies... Guffaws, belly laughs and giggling fits make it hard for me to type.

I WILL vote for DeSantis. There is no other that has Conservative chops... At least not that I know of.

The point is not his legal fees (though I do not believe for a minute that's what's going on)
The point his that Tumpy 'went begging' from the very same donors you accused DeSantis with.

Give it up pal, your cover on this just got blown away.

@roamer_1

Show me a single post where I "accuse DeSantis"...of anything.

If he's the eventual nominee, I'll gladly vote for him...as if I was voting for Romney vs. Obama.

Doesn't mean I'm less of a Conservative than you are...just means you're jerk when you don't get your way.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2023, 09:31:05 pm »
Show me a single post where I "accuse DeSantis"...of anything.

@DCPatriot

The inference (before you found out that Tumpy did the same thing) was that DeSantis going after big donors was bad somehow.

If he's the eventual nominee, I'll gladly vote for him...as if I was voting for Romney vs. Obama.

Doesn't mean I'm less of a Conservative than you are...just means you're jerk when you don't get your way.

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul?

I WILL NOT support big government from the right. That's why I did not vote for traitorous McCain't, liberal Romulus, and liberal Tumpy.

The very root of Conservatism is fiscal conservatism and libertarianism... And y'all are voting AGAINST it. Because if the Right will not hold that line, even on the very root, no one else will. To include your boy.

The only way to win the fight you purport to be in is to take away the liberals' toys. And the only way to do that is to make government much, much SMALLER. Without doing that, all else is for naught, and your whole movement is just Brylcreme and bumper stickers.

I have no obligation to help you destroy this country, and I will not.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2023, 09:46:23 pm »
@DCPatriot

The inference (before you found out that Tumpy did the same thing) was that DeSantis going after big donors was bad somehow.

What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul?

I WILL NOT support big government from the right. That's why I did not vote for traitorous McCain't, liberal Romulus, and liberal Tumpy.

The very root of Conservatism is fiscal conservatism and libertarianism... And y'all are voting AGAINST it. Because if the Right will not hold that line, even on the very root, no one else will. To include your boy.

The only way to win the fight you purport to be in is to take away the liberals' toys. And the only way to do that is to make government much, much SMALLER. Without doing that, all else is for naught, and your whole movement is just Brylcreme and bumper stickers.

I have no obligation to help you destroy this country, and I will not.

You're an anarchist posing as a Conservative.

Blah, blah, blah...you are so GD boring and so damned predictable. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2023, 09:54:55 pm »
You're an anarchist posing as a Conservative.

@DCPatriot

You'll play hell trying to prove up on that false statement. I am most certainly Conservative, and my own statements above are right out of Conservatism 101... If you think that is anarchy, I encourage you to examine your own alignment.

Blah, blah, blah...you are so GD boring and so damned predictable.

yet you keep pokin the bear... And getting the teeth.  happy77

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2023, 09:56:15 pm »
@DCPatriot

You'll play hell trying to prove up on that false statement. I am most certainly Conservative, and my own statements above are right out of Conservatism 101... If you think that is anarchy, I encourage you to examine your own alignment.

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2023, 09:59:21 pm »
@DCPatriot

If you have never lived outside a liberal hell hole somewhere your mind becomes poisoned and conservatism becomes anarchist automatically. @roamer_1 @DCPatriot
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 10:02:15 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2023, 11:27:17 pm »
The dude is being backed by the billionaire Vulture Capital and Pirate Equity donor class.

If Big Money wants a tool in the White House, let them pay for it themselves.  They can always steal more money if they need it.
Trump is exactly the same kind of billionaire money. Except he has his billions locked up in non-liquid assets, mostly real estate.

Venture capitalists at least take some risks with their money, meaning most of them don't stay billionaires for long. It's "nouveau riche" compared to the old-money wealth that gets buried in trusts and foundations.

I take some heat for my stances that often have me speaking out against policies that encourage the old-money rich to stay rich and/or get richer. I've been accused of jealousy over it. But I'm also well aware that not all wealth is bad wealth. Those who are actively building wealth tend to do so in ways that it's far tougher to evade taxation, for example. They pay their fair share.

I mean, if we're going to be purists and judge candidates by who donates to their campaigns, a purist would want the poorest candidate with the fewest donations... but such a candidate would never be able to get his or her message heard, short of a miraculous "going viral" event.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2023, 12:37:52 am »
Lord give me some one to vote for, and not against.  Thank you Jesus.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2023, 12:39:08 am »
Trump is exactly the same kind of billionaire money. Except he has his billions locked up in non-liquid assets, mostly real estate.

Venture capitalists at least take some risks with their money, meaning most of them don't stay billionaires for long. It's "nouveau riche" compared to the old-money wealth that gets buried in trusts and foundations.

I take some heat for my stances that often have me speaking out against policies that encourage the old-money rich to stay rich and/or get richer. I've been accused of jealousy over it. But I'm also well aware that not all wealth is bad wealth. Those who are actively building wealth tend to do so in ways that it's far tougher to evade taxation, for example. They pay their fair share.

I mean, if we're going to be purists and judge candidates by who donates to their campaigns, a purist would want the poorest candidate with the fewest donations... but such a candidate would never be able to get his or her message heard, short of a miraculous "going viral" event.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2023, 02:18:41 am »

:amen:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2023, 02:46:33 am »
If you have never lived outside a liberal hell hole somewhere your mind becomes poisoned and conservatism becomes anarchist automatically. @roamer_1 @DCPatriot

@Bigun

I get that same thing out of big city/back east folks - with a few notable exceptions like our friend @Kamaji ... Who is a lawyer of all things, and right in the belly of the beast, and still somehow retains a Conservative POV,

Without fiscal conservatism and libertarianism, I'd sure like to find out what they think Conservatism is... Or maybe I wouldn't.  :whistle:

You and I might not always agree, but the arguments are largely a difference in emphasis or region or interpretation... But I would never ever question your ingrained Conservatism. I can always see you from here.  :seeya:

Specifically Northeast and big city folks, a lot of em, sometimes I can't see em at all.
 :shrug: