Author Topic: DeSantis campaign rakes in more than $1M after first Republican debate  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis campaign rakes in more than $1M after first Republican debate

By Josh Christenson
August 25, 2023

The presidential campaign of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis raised more than $1 million in the 24 hours after the first Republican primary debate, The Post has confirmed.

The 2024 presidential hopeful reported the fundraising surge as one of eight GOP candidates hoping to build on their performances Wednesday night in Milwaukee and challenge the front-runner, former President Donald Trump.

ABC News first reported on the DeSantis campaign’s post-debate intake.

“Ron DeSantis showed Wednesday night that he is a proven leader who will deliver results as president, and we are thrilled with the flood of support we have received since his debate victory,” campaign manager James Uthmeier said.

“We look forward to building on this momentum in the weeks and months ahead as the governor continues to outwork everyone in this race as he lays out his vision to reverse our nation’s decline and revive the American Dream.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/25/desantis-campaign-rakes-in-more-than-1-million-after-first-republican-debate/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: DeSantis campaign rakes in more than $1M after first Republican debate
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 07:06:38 pm »
Fools and their money.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 07:09:44 pm »
The dude is being backed by the billionaire Vulture Capital and Pirate Equity donor class.

If Big Money wants a tool in the White House, let them pay for it themselves.  They can always steal more money if they need it.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 07:11:25 pm »
Fools and their money.

Wrong thread; this thread isn't about people donating to the Orange Shit-Show.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 07:13:08 pm »
Wrong thread; this thread isn't about people donating to the Orange Shit-Show.

Predictable. I posted it solely so you could run your mouth.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 07:23:30 pm »
From where?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 07:29:38 pm »
From where?

DeSantis entered the debate looking to make a renewed pitch to a national audience and his campaign quickly worked to capitalize on his performance with an all-day fundraiser with donors in Milwaukee the day after -- resulting in a cash win for the Florida governor, according to DeSantis' campaign.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/desantis-campaign-says-it-raised-more-than-1-million-in-24-hours-after-gop-debate/ar-AA1fLoNX

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 07:43:41 pm »

You realize that the fools that are being fleeced by his Orangness are funding the Stone-Pecker Slime machine against RDS  instead of going after the Biden admin don't you?

Let's at least keep it real here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 07:45:56 pm »

You missed your mark, then, because all you did was step into another mess of Orange dog-shit.  Doesn't that get tiring?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 07:49:52 pm »
The dude is being backed by the billionaire Vulture Capital and Pirate Equity donor class.

If Big Money wants a tool in the White House, let them pay for it themselves.  They can always steal more money if they need it.

Proof?  Links???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2023, 04:25:23 pm »
Proof?  Links???

There once was a man not from Nantucket ...

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Coming To Nantucket
Jason Graziadei • Aug 07, 2022
https://nantucketcurrent.com/news/florida-governor-ron-desantis-coming-to-nantucket
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, a possible 2024 presidential candidate, will be on Nantucket this Tuesday for a fundraiser, multiple sources told the Current.

The DeSantis event is being hosted by businessman and island summer resident James Pallotta, the owner and founder of Raptor Group, a private investment firm....

////00000////

Next steps towards denialism:

1.) Discredit the the source, Nantucket Current, as a lamestream media liberal Dem propaganda rag.
2.) Discredit the messenger (me) was a DNC troll.
3.) The lame "everyone else does it" what-about-ism trope.  Are we in kindergarten?
4.) Deflect to "look, there's a transgender flounder!"

A genuine conservative Republican has no business panhandling for Big Money donations from Wall Street banksters on Nantucket in August (2022).

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 04:39:41 pm »
A genuine conservative Republican has no business panhandling for Big Money donations from Wall Street banksters on Nantucket in August (2022).

Is that so?

Trump attends Cape, Nantucket fundraisers

https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/news/local/2016/08/07/trump-attends-cape-nantucket-fundraisers/27203520007/

There are conservatives pretty much anywhere. Sometimes they are pretty small minority, but they're out there.  Absolutely no reason any conservative politician should not go to certain parts of the country to fundraise just because those areas have a reputation of being generally liberal.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 04:46:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2023, 04:47:06 pm »
Is that so?

Trump attends Cape, Nantucket fundraisers

https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/news/local/2016/08/07/trump-attends-cape-nantucket-fundraisers/27203520007/

But but butt... He was just passin by and stopped in for a cup of coffee...  :whistle:

888high58888

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2023, 05:00:15 pm »
But but butt... He was just passin by and stopped in for a cup of coffee...  :whistle:

888high58888

Perhaps if you could get your nose off the bark for a moment?

Now is the perfect time for everybody to declare which side they're on...who and/or what they will support.

We all know that the lawfare against Pres. Trump is a Democratic gimmick...so why begrudge him the opportunity pay for his legal fees? From THESE donors particularly!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2023, 05:04:41 pm »

We all know that the lawfare against Pres. Trump is a Democratic gimmick...so why begrudge him the opportunity pay for his legal fees? From THESE donors particularly!

Do you have any information of how much was toward legal fees, and how much was spent with Stone and Pecker and their slime operation dispensing with RDS?
Same game plan as 2016....  Wash , Rinse, Spin, Repeat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2023, 05:05:44 pm »
Trump was never a true conservative Republican.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2023, 05:08:13 pm »

True, and it just floors me that so many on our side are getting so duped.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2023, 05:10:06 pm »

Now is the perfect time for everybody to declare which side they're on...who and/or what they will support.

I don't regrudge Trump raising money from Republican donors on Nantucket. My only point is if it's okay for Trump, it's okay for DeSantis.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2023, 05:10:11 pm »

The guy was, is and has always been a NYC liberal democrat.  Hood hoodwinked a lot of people.  But his true colors were evident about 2.5 years into his reign.  Had the rats put up a better candidate than hilary he would have never made it to the Big House.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2023, 05:16:05 pm »

Since when do people who have been financially successful not have a home in the Republican Party?  There are people in every industry in this country who are conservatives. The idea that a Republican candidate should refuse to accept money from somebody just because they happen to work on Wall Street is ridiculous
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 05:16:57 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DB

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2023, 05:18:34 pm »
The guy was, is and has always been a NYC liberal democrat.  Hood hoodwinked a lot of people.  But his true colors were evident about 2.5 years into his reign.  Had the rats put up a better candidate than hilary he would have never made it to the Big House.

I'm sorry, but his true colors were evident long before then. Just one example: He said for the 20% of people who can't afford healthcare "the government was going to pay for it" in 2016. And this 20% wasn't the welfare recipients who already had their healthcare taken care of. All it was was another entitlement program transferring money from those who paid their way to others who did not. And too many "conservatives" just brushed it off because they were all in no matter what he did or said at that point.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2023, 06:10:08 pm »

No need to declare @DCPatriot . I have been declared all the way along. I defend Conservatism.
That leaves but one candidate. If you would like to defend Tumpy as a Conservative, I will happily disabuse you of the notion. But you'll have to give me a little time between replies... Guffaws, belly laughs and giggling fits make it hard for me to type.

I WILL vote for DeSantis. There is no other that has Conservative chops... At least not that I know of.

The point is not his legal fees (though I do not believe for a minute that's what's going on)
The point his that Tumpy 'went begging' from the very same donors you accused DeSantis with.

Give it up pal, your cover on this just got blown away.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2023, 06:14:42 pm »
Good-bye Trump.  Hello President Ron DeSantis.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

So far that's where I stand. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2023, 06:15:17 pm »
I don't regrudge Trump raising money from Republican donors on Nantucket. My only point is if it's okay for Trump, it's okay for DeSantis.

That's a mighty big point. writ in ALLCAPS.  :beer: