Author Topic: The GOP Debate Proved Trump Is The Only Choice  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The GOP Debate Proved Trump Is The Only Choice
« on: August 25, 2023, 05:55:25 pm »
The GOP Debate Proved Trump Is The Only Choice
Townhall, Aug 25, 2023, Kenny Cody

[...]

In two facets, Trump won the night. First, he countered the debate that was used against him by Fox News by sitting down with a man whom the mainstream media corporation wrongly split with and prompted to create the most popular interview in history. Tucker asked about everything the American voter would want to know about Trump, from his thoughts on his indictments, his opponents, the Biden administration, and the deep state. The former President was charismatic, hilarious, and filled with personality, showing no signs of slowing down going into 2024. All this was done while the debate was going on, and Trump’s influence on the debate stage was sorely missed as he became the main topic of conversation during the night.

On multiple different occasions, Trump became the central topic of the debate. Once, the moderators asked the panel of candidates if they would support Trump if he were the nominee, even with his pending indictments. Most of the panel, besides Christie and Hutchinson, said they would, but only one candidate in Vivek said they would pardon Trump to move the country forward. Pence and Ramaswamy then went back and forth a bit about whether Trump would be convicted, but Pence still refused to say whether or not he would pardon. Even though Trump did not attend or participate in the debate, he holistically controlled the entire event's structure. Vivek complimented Trump by saying he was "the best president of the 21st century" during the event, clamoring to any Trump supporters that had tuned in after the Tucker Carlson interview on X.

Not only was a man in Vivek Ramaswamy copying Trump in style, finesse, and positioning, but he was taking all the brunt of attacks. Instead of a candidate like Ron DeSantis being hammered because he was polling at some of the highest averages on stage, Vivek was targeted because he was taking Trumpian positions in opposition to the rest of the establishment politicians on stage. Vivek was attacked because he wanted to constitute the new wing of the party that Trump helped create. While hardly any of his ideas were original in detail and mostly taken from the former President, it was Vivek versus the rest of the field.

More:
https://townhall.com/columnists/kennycody/2023/08/25/colimn-n2627519

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: The GOP Debate Proved Trump Is The Only Choice
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 06:00:00 pm »
Utter nonsense.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 06:00:35 pm »
:mauslaff:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 06:03:40 pm »
The GOP has all kinds of talented governors out there.

Yet they’re on board to give the nomination to a three time election loser

Mind boggling
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 06:07:33 pm »

Mind boggling

With over 90 felony counts against Trump and him not debating, I think it is way too early to assume that Trump will be the nominee.

The interview with Carlson was lackluster.  Trump's latest Fulton county episode with mugshot, IMO doesn't help him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 06:13:45 pm »
With over 90 felony counts against Trump and him not debating, I think it is way too early to assume that Trump will be the nominee.

The interview with Carlson was lackluster.  Trump's latest Fulton county episode with mugshot, IMO doesn't help him.

Well, either DeSantis picks it up here or another competent GOP governor jumps in or we’ll also risk House races along with the presidency
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 06:16:22 pm »
Well, either DeSantis picks it up here or another competent GOP governor jumps in or we’ll also risk House races along with the presidency

I tend to agree with you.  Trump becomes the nominee and the GOP will likely lose their lead in the House and lose seats in the Senate.

BTW I think DeSantis is doing just fine. Again, it's way too early to assume Trump will be the nominee.  IMHO that is a mistake that Trump supporters are making as well as those who would prefer another nominee.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 06:17:41 pm »
I may not have great choices, but I still have a choice.

Nice try, Orange Mafia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 06:18:10 pm »
I tend to agree with you.  Trump becomes the nominee and the GOP will likely lose their lead in the House and lose seats in the Senate.

BTW I think DeSantis is doing just fine. Again, it's way too early to assume Trump will be the nominee.  IMHO that is a mistake that Trump supporters are making as well as those who would prefer another nominee.

The GOP has a much better shot in the Senate provided Trump doesn’t endorse anybody..lol

Barry Goldwater

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 06:22:55 pm »

The best clip I've seen of the Trump interview was when Tucker called Chris Wallace a "bitchy little man"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2023, 06:23:13 pm »

Mind boggling

Charles Cooke wrote a column a few weeks ago, and diagnosed the GOP with a chronic autoimmune disorder.  Healthy cells are attacked, while pathogens run wild.  It seemed an apt comparison, as the party will cease to exist if it forever marginalizes itself. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2023, 06:29:47 pm »

Mind boggling

I'm conflicted though.  As much as I would love to see DeSantis as president -- that leaves FL without him as governor. As I've stated several times, this country needs as many conservative governor as possible battling for state's right and the rights of the people.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2023, 06:36:03 pm »
I remember once upon a time we were told that this was the only choice too!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2023, 07:04:03 pm »

:silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2023, 07:06:49 pm »
:bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2023, 07:58:38 pm »
I'm keeping my powder dry at present, but I will tell you that I would have a hard time voting for anyone on stage Wednesday night.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2023, 11:40:21 pm »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/republican-debate-1-after-action-report-5480213

From Roger Simon's column in The Epoch Times today:

"The governor (DeSantis) may have done the entrepreneur a big favor, however, during one silent, but now often repeated interchange, via video clip, from the debate.

When the debaters were asked if they support President Trump if he became the Republican nominee even if he was convicted, Mr. Ramaswamy’s hand shot straight up. The others hesitated. Then, Gov. DeSantis glanced over at Mr. Ramaswamy, as if to see what he was doing, and raised his hand somewhat diffidently.

You don’t have to be an expert in body language to see what the optics of that were."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2023, 01:33:02 am »
Yeah, right.  DeSantis was totally unprepared for the question.  In all his preparations for the debate, no one on his team ever dreamed that he would be asked the very question that had been in the news for an entire week before the debate.  DeSantis was caught off guard, had no clue how to answer, and just did what Vivek did.  Right?

What a load of bullshit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2023, 01:40:35 am »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/republican-debate-1-after-action-report-5480213

From Roger Simon's column in The Epoch Times today:

"The governor (DeSantis) may have done the entrepreneur a big favor, however, during one silent, but now often repeated interchange, via video clip, from the debate.

When the debaters were asked if they support President Trump if he became the Republican nominee even if he was convicted, Mr. Ramaswamy’s hand shot straight up. The others hesitated. Then, Gov. DeSantis glanced over at Mr. Ramaswamy, as if to see what he was doing, and raised his hand somewhat diffidently.

You don’t have to be an expert in body language to see what the optics of that were."

It isn't a yes or no question. It depends on what the actual evidence is and what he was convicted of if convicted of anything. So in short it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't question.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2023, 02:23:20 am »

Oh buddy, I'll just dodge right past that one.  :bolt:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2023, 02:34:10 am »

If I remember correctly, it used to say "drink very cold" on those Tang containers.  As if you had to totally numb your tongue to ensure you couldn't real taste it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2023, 04:41:53 am »
Huffington Post originally posted this photoshopped picture around 2017... RiV posted an altered version with Ron DeSantis on the train (now called Meatball Express)... I just did an reverse image search on RiV's version to see where the photoshop originated from.  The original of course was a kid riding a toy train back round 2015 or so.

Not a big fan of photoshopping, don't really have time for it and to be honest it is cheap hits in the long run, but just wanted to see how they form.

In this case, Huffington post (from a contributor) to RiV altering it to fit her narrative to now me just hunting down how politics is played via memes in the modern political cycle. Just had to find a thread to showcase my so very hard work (or killing time if I was being honest).

If I had to guess, somewhere someone is altering it to put jail stripes on Trump's new snaring arrest picture ... As I have mentioned a hundred times before, I don't like Trump, but do think he is being railroaded with a two-tier justice system.

Sorry for the hijack of the thread, you may return to your normal viewing now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 04:51:54 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2023, 11:38:25 am »
As I have mentioned a hundred times before, I don't like Trump, but do think he is being railroaded with a two-tier justice system.

Not just Trump, but anybody who supports him or just opposes this administration in general

Barry Goldwater

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2023, 10:21:07 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2023, 03:11:01 am »
NOPE. We can;t afford another 4 years of Tumpy.

TWENTY_FRIGGIN_TRILLION_DOLLARS.

Trillion. Let that sink in.