Author Topic: Russian Troops to Abandon Frontlines Due to ‘Collapsing’ Morale: Ex-Commander  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russian Troops to Abandon Frontlines Due to ‘Collapsing’ Morale: Ex-Commander
Photo of Joe Saballa JOE SABALLAAUGUST 24, 2023

A former senior Russian commander has claimed that some of Moscow’s forces are on the brink of abandoning their frontline positions in Ukraine due to “collapsing morale.”

Sergey Gulyaev, who served as a lieutenant colonel in the Soviet Army, told Express.co.uk that he has been monitoring the situation in Ukraine and is regularly in touch with Russian officials deployed in the war-torn nation.

He revealed the brutal conditions invading forces are facing on the battlefield, being “ill-equipped” and left in the trenches for months without relief.

He also claimed to have spoken to soldiers who felt they had been abandoned by their superiors and forced to buy their own military supplies for survival.

“The army despises [Russian President Vladimir] Putin, [Defense Minister Sergei] Shoigu, and [Chief of the General Staff Valery] Gerasimov,” Gulyaev said.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2023/08/24/russian-troops-abandon-frontlines/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I wonder if Putin realizes the danger he's in? If your army support collapses that's not a good sign.

Online DefiantMassRINO

If they go the Stalinst route, they'll purge military ranks of persons of questionable loyalty to Putin.

This won't help the military, but it will help keep Putin in power.

Many revolutions have been perpetrated by former combat soldiers.  Putin would rather have soldiers die in Ukraine than return home as a threat.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright