Author Topic: Democrats celebrate, Biden fundraises off Trump arrest  (Read 297 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats celebrate, Biden fundraises off Trump arrest
« on: August 25, 2023, 12:10:37 pm »
Democrats celebrate, Biden fundraises off Trump arrest
'I think today's a great day to give to my campaign,' Biden wrote
 By Brandon Gillespie Fox News
Published August 24, 2023 10:05pm EDT

The celebrations from Democrats, including President Biden, have begun rolling in following former President Donald Trump's booking in the Fulton County Jail in Atlanta on Thursday.

Some sought to remind others of the phrase often repeated by members of their party that "no one is above the law," while Biden used the opportunity to fundraise for his 2024 re-election campaign.

"Apropos of nothing, I think today's a great day to give to my campaign," Biden posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. Trump's campaign also later posted its own fundraising request on Truth Social, using the mugshot taken at the jail.

"In the United States, no one is above the law. No one," Rep. Chellie Pingree, D-Maine, also wrote on X, including a photo of Trump's mugshot.

Rep. Madeleine Dean, D-Pa., echoed Pingree in her own X post, citing the "four indictments and 91 charges in total" against Trump, and arguing it was "not normal."

"I’m sad for our country; hopeful for justice; thoughtful for Mr. Trump’s day in court; disappointed yet confident for our democracy and rule of law. No one is above the law," she wrote.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-celebrate-biden-fundraises-trump-arrest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Democrats celebrate, Biden fundraises off Trump arrest
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 12:30:57 pm »
This was to be expected

But let’s cut the “no one is above the law” crap. Because clearly, there are people who are

Donald Trump, and his supporters, are not above the law

But Hillary Clinton, the Biden crime family, thugs that are destroying our cities, even those who aren’t American citizens and are breaking our immigration laws are

If nobody is above the law, Hillary Clinton would be in a federal prison finishing up a sentence
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 12:33:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 12:33:37 pm »
 Trump campaign already selling merch featuring his mug shot — including $34 T-shirts
By Allie Griffin   
August 24, 2023 11:20pm

The Trump campaign is looking to cash in on the former president’s historic mug shot — hawking T-shirts and other merchandise featuring his booking photo.

The new line of mug-shot-inspired gear appeared on Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign site Thursday night shortly after the photo taken at an Atlanta jail was released to the public.

The products include T-shirts and long sleeve shirts for $34, a $25 coffee mug and $15 beer Koozies.

The tagline under the mug shot on the official MAGA gear states “NEVER SURRENDER!” in all caps, despite the fact that Trump, 77, did in fact surrender on Thursday before he was released on a $200,000 bond.

The Republican turned himself in to authorities at the Fulton County Jail after he was indicted by a grand jury on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, false statements and asking a public official to violate their oath of office in connection to his attempts to overturn the 2020 election.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/trump-already-selling-merch-featuring-his-mug-shot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 12:34:56 pm »
Trump campaign already selling merch featuring his mug shot — including $34 T-shirts
By Allie Griffin   
August 24, 2023 11:20pm

The Trump campaign is looking to cash in on the former president’s historic mug shot — hawking T-shirts and other merchandise featuring his booking photo.

The new line of mug-shot-inspired gear appeared on Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign site Thursday night shortly after the photo taken at an Atlanta jail was released to the public.

The products include T-shirts and long sleeve shirts for $34, a $25 coffee mug and $15 beer Koozies.

The tagline under the mug shot on the official MAGA gear states “NEVER SURRENDER!” in all caps, despite the fact that Trump, 77, did in fact surrender on Thursday before he was released on a $200,000 bond.

The Republican turned himself in to authorities at the Fulton County Jail after he was indicted by a grand jury on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, false statements and asking a public official to violate their oath of office in connection to his attempts to overturn the 2020 election.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/trump-already-selling-merch-featuring-his-mug-shot/

Some of you lawyer types can probably answer this, but is this in violation of the “ Son of Sam” law?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 12:40:46 pm »
Some of you lawyer types can probably answer this, but is this in violation of the “ Son of Sam” law?

Doubtful.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 12:42:28 pm »

Don't know if Florida even has a Son of Sam law,  but it would certainly be a violation of due process to apply it to someone who has not yet been convicted of the crime in question.

So my guess is that those laws apply to convicted felons only.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 12:44:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 04:25:56 pm »
 :pondering: Never Surrender, now where have I heard that before? I know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2hJezvd2I

:silly: :silly: Trump's a Galaxy Quest fanboy? Why didn't he use the whole line? Never give up, Never surrender! :silly: :silly: :silly:
If only Tim Allen's character had orange tan and yellow hair it would be absolutely awesome!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 04:27:59 pm by GtHawk »