Author Topic: Here's Why Virginia Republicans Think Glenn Youngkin Could Make Late Entry Into 2024 GOP Primary Fie  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's Why Virginia Republicans Think Glenn Youngkin Could Make Late Entry Into 2024 GOP Primary Field

Mary Lou Masters
Contributor
August 24, 2023 10:44 AM ET

Despite Virginia Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin maintaining he’s solely focused on the state’s legislative elections in November, GOP operatives in the state told the Daily Caller News Foundation there’s still a possibility he runs for president in 2024.
    The Virginia Republicans argue that if Youngkin is able to hold the House of Delegates and flip the Senate red, it’s possible he makes a late entrance into the 2024 GOP primary field to be the alternative to former President Donald Trump, they told the DCNF.
    “This isn’t something that is just, ‘let’s tap Glenn Youngkin to run.’ It’s more about, ‘hey, we have a really shitty hand that we’re holding. Let’s try to draw some new cards,’” Jeff Frederick, former chairman of the Virginia GOP and former Virginia state delegate, told the DCNF.

Virginia Republican operatives believe that Gov. Glenn Youngkin could make a late entrance into the 2024 GOP primary field after this November’s legislative elections, they told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Despite Youngkin previously ruling out a bid “this year,” and maintaining he’s solely focused on Virginia, Republican megadonors have reignited rumors that the governor might still challenge former President Donald Trump for the nomination. The GOP state operatives argue that if Youngkin and the Republicans are able to hold the House of Delegates and flip the Senate red on Nov. 7, the governor might jump in.

“I think it’s a real possibility,” Chris Saxman, executive director of Virginia FREE and former Virginia state delegate, told the DCNF. “Glenn Youngkin comes with coattails for Republicans. If he can demonstrate that, that’s a powerful narrative to people out there who really pay attention to these things — Iowa voters, New Hampshire voters, South Carolina voters — who want to move away from the Biden administration, and it would be a generational shift.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/24/virginia-republicans-reveal-glenn-youngkin-will-mount-late-presidential-bid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Don't agree with him on everything but he's definitely acceptable.

But if we're going down that road, who I really would want to jump in is Sarah Huckabee. Just wish she already had a term or two under her belt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

But if we're going down that road, who I really would want to jump in is Sarah Huckabee. Just wish she already had a term or two under her belt.

She's terrific and should be a formidable force in 2028.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Youngkin should keep his powder dry, but keep his options open.

Billionaire donors will attempt to entice him if all their other candidates wiff.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders may have issues with anti-child-labor activists:

Arkansas Gov. Sanders signs a law that makes it easier to employ children
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/10/1162531885/arkansas-child-labor-law-under-16-years-old-sarah-huckabee-sanders
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

Youngkin is highly competent and could win a national election in 2028 ... which is why the trumpers will nominate Alex Jones.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Again... late entrants help nobody. Wesley Clark, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry... all they did was throw the election into chaos, and they were out of the running by Iowa.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Youngkin is highly competent and could win a national election in 2028 ...

The donors are probably pushing Youngkin to jump in now because his term ends Jan 2026 and he's ineligible to run for a consecutive second term ---- that's a long time to be out of office for a run in 2028.  Doable, but he needs to plan how to fill that time before he leaves office.

I hope Glenn resists the temptation to run now, we need him in Virginia.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 09:16:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Oh, hell yes! But she won't do it this go round.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If Mr. Youngkin enters the race and tries REALLY hard, he may be fortunate enough to end up 1 point ahead of "No, no, no, NO" Nikki Haley...  (heh)