Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Blew His Big Chance  (Read 4951 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Ron DeSantis Blew His Big Chance
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2023, 09:23:02 pm »
Another Matt Walsh rant on why the debates should be nuked and rebuilt from scratch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACTDHgkWEDk

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2023, 09:24:32 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2023, 09:28:08 pm »
Tumpy may be orange, but this week he showed a yellow belly......  What a coward.

@catfish1957

Awwww,did that hurt your widdle feelwings?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2023, 09:29:53 pm »

Trump #1

DeSantis #2

Ok .... we can move on. :laugh:

@libertybele

What,and leave all those stroke victims laying scattered around on the floor,screaming in agony?

Works for me!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2023, 09:33:17 pm »
They brag about that big lead, but half of it is smoke and mirrors.  His support is a helluva lot softer than he realizes.

@catfish1957

That must be why you are never whining about it,huh?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2023, 10:03:45 pm »
My wife made the exact same comment.  I think it's actually insulting to women to assume you can get their vote just by pandering on gender identity.

I rolled my eyes at that one.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2023, 10:15:57 pm »
Yes, you do.  Presenting a statement you know to be false is a lie, even if you have attached a source to it

Now you're clairvoyant, too?

Go away you loser before you make a complete jackass of yourself.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2023, 10:20:51 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Intentional smearing with bullshit articles is against every fiber of what makes a forum.

Give it a rest, you're giving bored old men a bad name.

Carry on if you will... but no one is listening to you anymore.

You obviously are @roamer_1

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2023, 10:42:35 pm »
Now you're clairvoyant, too?

Go away you loser before you make a complete jackass of yourself.

I've had it...bye
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2023, 10:45:44 pm »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2023, 11:00:01 pm »
I'm not ruling DeSantis out. He is, for the most part, saying the right things. But his delivery was off, Just my opinion. I would have liked for him to be clear on Ukraine.

As far as Trump goes, he pissed me off after the 2016 election when he said people who didn't vote for him weren't Americans (or something like that). I didn't vote for him in 16. I put my mark by his name in 20 because I didn't like the way the National Popular Vote issue was trending. It wasn't a vote FOR Trump.

As far as Freedom Cities goes it is farcical bullshit.

Baby bonuses is another stupid idea he got from Orban in Hungary. It is a big no go.

Another thing. I am NOT on the Trump Train. It has been conflated that my remarks /criticisms of others makes me a MAGA Trumpist. That is not true. I simply have no interest in participating in the pile on. @Maj. Bill Martin  @Kamaji  @catfish1957

I respect that @bigheadfred.  Thanks for the clarity.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DB

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2023, 11:53:23 pm »
I'm not ruling DeSantis out. He is, for the most part, saying the right things. But his delivery was off, Just my opinion. I would have liked for him to be clear on Ukraine.

As far as Trump goes, he pissed me off after the 2016 election when he said people who didn't vote for him weren't Americans (or something like that). I didn't vote for him in 16. I put my mark by his name in 20 because I didn't like the way the National Popular Vote issue was trending. It wasn't a vote FOR Trump.

Baby bonuses is another stupid idea he got from Orban in Hungary. It is a big no go.

Another thing. I am NOT on the Trump Train. It has been conflated that my remarks /criticisms of others makes me a MAGA Trumpist. That is not true. I simply have no interest in participating in the pile on. @Maj. Bill Martin  @Kamaji  @catfish1957

I stand corrected.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2023, 01:29:24 am »

That is a very even-handed stance

Offline LMAO

« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2023, 01:58:15 am »

But you're right...in the broader GOP universe...his support isn't near as strong as he tries to claim it is.

We’ll see what happens in the primaries. But if it looks like he’s losing the primary battle, left-wing groups are sure to repeat their 2022 strategy and make sure he is the nominee
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2023, 02:33:47 am »

@catfish1957

Awwww,did that hurt your widdle feelwings?

Whaaaa?   I don't give a shit what Tumpy says, my point is the dumbass is claiming victory, but didn't care to show up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2023, 02:50:14 am »
Whaaaa?   I don't give a shit what Tumpy says, my point is the dumbass is claiming victory, but didn't care to show up.

@catfish1957

What do YOU call it when you don't even bother to show  up,and STILL pull in more numbers than the candidates that  did?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2023, 02:54:03 am »
@catfish1957

What do YOU call it when you don't even bother to show  up,and STILL pull in more numbers than the candidates that  did?
According to Faux news, Trump dropped quite a few points after the debate.  He'll probably go on to win, which means we all lose.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2023, 02:56:11 am »
According to Faux news, Trump dropped quite a few points after the debate.  He'll probably go on to win, which means we all lose.

@Jack Russell

Yeah,unlike what would happen if one of the "Party Approved Usual Suspects" that you support wins,right?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2023, 02:59:46 am »
@Jack Russell

Yeah,unlike what would happen if one of the "Party Approved Usual Suspects" that you support wins,right?
Unlike the others, we know what we'll get with Trump and therein lies the problem Pete.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2023, 01:10:49 pm »
@Jack Russell

@sneakypete

Trump was the "party-approved" candidate in both 2016 and 2020.  He wouldn't have won the general election if he wasn't.

Republican field offices distributed pro-Trump campaign materials for both elections.  The GOP as a party paid for ads - in addition to ones paid for by his own campaign.  And the vast majority of elected Republicans supported his campaign. 

For 2024, he's has the most endorsements of members of Congress, etc., of any primary campaign.  And, the Chairwoman of the GOP and Speaker of the House are both the picks he personally supported.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2023, 01:46:07 pm »
Ron DeSantis seems to have a self-identity crisis - doesn't know who he is, or who he wants to become.  This is a common trait among US Senate GOP wet noodles, like Lindsey Graham.
The media is defining DeSantis, as they want Trump as the Repub candidate since they know Biden can handily beat him.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2023, 02:25:51 pm »
The media is defining DeSantis, as they want Trump as the Repub candidate since they know Biden can handily beat him.

That's right... And DeSantis is anything but a wet noodle. He came in with the TEA Party and he has remained true to that.

The guy is a bulldog, and an honorable man.

Anyone who says otherwise is caught up in the media's (and Tumpy's) bullcrap, and have not gone to look at the record. Because the record does not lie.

That's why I rely almost exclusively upon that record. It tells what the man is... Whether he walks what he talks.

And I will happily defend him on that record... Which is really the only way to tear him down.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2023, 02:44:32 pm »

@Jack Russell

ROFLMAO!

That must be why the DNC pulled  out all the stops and had  him arrested so he can't campaign,and so they can advertise him as being a criminal on trial,huh?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 02:46:07 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2023, 02:48:10 pm »
That's right... And DeSantis is anything but a wet noodle.

@roamer_1

Say WHAT????

"Wet Noodle" is bragging on him. He yearns to earn the title of "Wet Noodle".

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2023, 02:52:41 pm »
@roamer_1

Say WHAT????

"Wet Noodle" is bragging on him. He yearns to earn the title of "Wet Noodle".

To me, a "wet noodle" is a politician who doesn't do what he knows is right because he is afraid of the political consequences.  Is that a fair definition?

So...what has DeSantis done as governor of Florida to convince you he is a "wet noodle"?  What policies has he backed away from as a presidential candidate that convinces you he's a "wet noodle"?

"Wet noodles" don't fire Soros-backed prosecutors for not doing their job.  They don't outlaw the teaching of CRT in their state, or the teaching of gender ideology despite the "don't say gay" smear.  And they don't sign six week abortion bans.

By the way, can you remind me again of why Trump didn't remove Fauci from his position?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 03:40:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »