Author Topic: L A Times Hypes “Green China” the World’s Champ of Global Coal Use & CO2 Emissions While Demanding U  (Read 278 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

L A Times Hypes “Green China” the World’s Champ of Global Coal Use & CO2 Emissions While Demanding U.S. Declare a “Climate Emergency”
17 hours ago Guest Blogger 
Guest essay by Larry Hamlin

The L A Times has been publishing a section in its newspaper for years called China Watch which tries to portray China as “green” as discussed in a prior WUWT article here.

The August 20th, 2023 Edition of the Sunday L A Times ridiculously juxtaposed two articles in this papers edition by hyping praise for China in its latest China Watch Section for its “Home on the Range” article headline addressing a “Green Push Benefits” project in a Mongolian Province as noted in the two photos shown below while also demanding in its Editorial Section that Biden declare a “Climate Emergency” for the U.S. as shown in the Times editorial below.

According to Energy Institute year 2022 data the U.S. has reduced its use of coal since 2005 by 57% (predominantly by switching to use of lower emissions, high efficiency and lower cost natural gas which Democrats have tried to impede) while China increased its already dominate coal use by 58% during this same time period thus further establishing its title as the world’s champion global coal burning nation by consuming 54.75 percent of all worldwide coal use.

U.S. year 2022 coal consumption is now only about 6% of global coal use. The Times makes no mention of China’s massive and growing use of coal which is far and away the dirtiest of all CO2 emissions energy consumption fuels.

Additionally, the world’s non-OECD nations led by China and India have increased coal use since 2005 by over 175% and now account for over 82% of all the world’s consumption of coal.

This huge and still rapidly growing growth in coal use consumption accounts for why the non-OECD nations are responsible for over 66% of all year 2022 global CO2 emissions and why the U.S. reduced CO2 emissions since 2005 by over 1 billion metric tons while the non-OECD nations increased CO2 emissions by over 8.2 billion metric tons during this same period.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/23/l-a-times-hypes-green-china-the-worlds-champ-of-global-coal-use-co2-emissions-while-demanding-u-s-declare-a-climate-emergency/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The only thing in China that is green is tea.

Why is LA Times be an apologist for Communist China whan many of its residents are refugees, or descendents of refugees, who risked their lives to escape Communist regimes in Korea, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Ah LA Times, your Commie propaganda kung fu is excellent!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji