Author Topic: Meet the Eight Candidates Appearing in the First Republican Primary Debate  (Read 643 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meet the Eight Candidates Appearing in the First Republican Primary Debate

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 21 Aug 2023

The Republican National Committee (RNC) announced the eight presidential candidates who will appear in the first GOP debate on Wednesday.

The following candidates are participating in Wednesday’s debate: Gov. Doug Burgum (ND), former Gov. Chris Christie (NJ), Gov. Ron DeSantis (FL), former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, former Gov. Asa Hutchinson (AR), former Vice President Mike Pence, Vivek Ramaswamy, and Sen. Tim Scott (SC).

Fox News will host the debate Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. ET.

Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said the RNC “is excited to showcase our diverse candidate field and the conservative vision to beat Joe Biden on the debate stage Wednesday night.”

“I’d like to thank the RNC’s debate committee Chairman Dave Bossie and Co-Chair Anne Hathaway and our debate partners, Fox News, Young America’s Foundation, and Rumble for their work to kick off the primary process that will put our Party and eventual nominee in the best position to take back the White House next fall,” she added in a statement.

Notably missing is the Republican primary frontrunner, former President Donald Trump, who announced he would not be attending Wednesday’s debate due to a significant polling advantage.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/21/meet-eight-candidates-appearing-first-republican-primary-debate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"We should be unfaithful to ourselves if we should ever lose sight of the danger to our liberties if anything partial or extraneous should infect the purity of our free, fair, virtuous, and independent elections."

- John Adams (1797), Inaugural Address
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Known as the kiddie debate in previous years. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

You have it backwards. This is known as the adult debate -- Trump is going to be absent; otherwise it would be the kiddie debate.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

You have it backwards. This is known as the adult debate -- Trump is going to be absent; otherwise it would be the kiddie debate.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

:amen:

Offline mountaineer

2024 GOP Candidate Doug Burgum Taken To Hospital Hours Before First Debate
 Martin Walsh
August 23, 2023

North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum was taken to a hospital in Milwaukee on Tuesday after getting hurt while playing pick-up basketball with his staff.

His participation in the Republican presidential debate on Fox News on Wednesday night is currently in doubt. Fox News was informed by Burgum’s campaign that it is “unclear if he will be able to stand at the debate.” ...  Conservative Brief
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In previous years, the frontrunner didn't consider himself too good to debate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

The "adult" I vote for in the Primary and in the General, even if I have ro write in their name will be on the stage tonight. Not yet sure who that will be.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
 The "adult" I vote for in the Primary and in the General, even if I have ro write in their name will be on the stage tonight. Not yet sure who that will be.

Same here.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
In previous years, the frontrunner didn't consider himself too good to debate.

In previous years, the frontrunner wasn't up 45% plus, over his two closest challengers.

Consider President Trump getting a bye for having the best overall record.

I'm sure he would have no issue debating 'finalists'. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of the eight there is only one I would even consider voting for in the primary and that is Doug Burgum Governor of North Dakota. Furthermore, there are several among them who, if they get the nomination, will ensure my voting third party in the general.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 08:22:34 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Yep, while the GOP debates, Tumpy stays home to play with his Wee Wee.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

2024 GOP Candidate Doug Burgum Taken To Hospital Hours Before First Debate
Burgum soldiers on:

https://twitter.com/DougBurgum/status/1694456349055242604
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org